I was really hyped up to see this movie...but I've heard bad things.

I looked at the rottentomatoes review and saw it got a...26% (OUCH).

So, anyone seen it? Is it worthwhile? I usually dont fully agree with critics (hell I've liked movies that they gave a 40-50% before...), but it seems that they are saying overwhelmingly that it blew.
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

Last edited by Xinlitik at Feb 17, 2007,
Dude rottentomatos gives every movie a shit rating.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by Covin
It's not a Michael Bay film. He's been busy working on Transformers.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259324/

Woah, I guess my friend had no idea what he was talking about.

And yea I know rottentomatoes has a tough system...but I've never seen this low heh. Like I said, I've enjoyed 40-50% movies.. (and btw the USER ratings for these were usually like... 7.1/10), but this movie is 26% (with a user rating of 4.1).

So anyone actually seen it?

Edit: and to the guy who saw it and spiderman... I thought spiderman was absolutely trash, so I guess I wont like this =/
Originally Posted by Corwinoid
Metal doesn't hold hands, it gets head in the van before the show. Seriously.

I saw it wif my friends, laughed the whole way through. Its very corny, i repeat very corny.
But seriously dont go see it, its bad, the only reason we saw it is cuz it was the only movie that would fit in our schedule.
I don't need a signature, I'm too special.
A lot of Superhero movies seem to be turning out rather crap, though I did like Spiderman.

If you ask me Ghostrider seems very corny, but then again Nicholas Cage may be able to pull it off.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I saw it and liked it. I dont care what the movie critics say, I just say if its entertaining its good, and it was deffinatly entertaining.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I saw a bit of Ghost rider today it's not the most amazing film to be quite honest. The story line is rather basic (this is only from watching about 10 minutes btw) and the 'action' is quite predicatable. I wouldn't recommend going to see it!
Drums | Piano | Bass
I quite liked the look of it when I saw the trailer at the cinema. Most reviews criticise dodgy CGI and the age of Cage.
i saw it and i thought it lacked a certain something, it felt very hollow with the little background one gets of the characters...

besides, doesnt nickolas cage look hungover in all of his movies???

i also thought that the bad guys died really fast in it, they all had a punch at him and then they got defeated
Go see it man. It's not the most amazing movie but it's definitely entertaining.
I woke up this morning and I got myself a beer, the future is uncertain and the end is always near. - The Doors, Roadhouse Blues
i will prolly like it, i like nicholas cage's movies..... with the exception of whicker man, although it was hilarious when he started punching chicks.
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo
However, Cage does look rather attractive.

Might be worth watching just for that.

-Matthew Arnold

I seen it.It wasn't bad but it wasn't gold either.I didn't have to pay to see it though.So it's all good.

The bad guys sucked though for the most part.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Quote by hug a llama
looks like the typical over-rated movie of the year

Overrated? All the movies critics gave it bad reviews

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I thought it was crap, the fight scenes were all very dumb, kind of expected more from a superhero movie. all villains were done away with very easily and the story line was very linear....

however....

shes not bad to look at
Quote by zippidyduda
Damn, you are the only august 06'er I know that has a brain! Congratulations!

Quote by SpedGangster
Ohgosh I have to agree with your sig. you really are the august 06er with a brain!

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
The only good Marvel film thats come out has been The Punisher in my opinion. X Men was great at some parts and crap at other's, same with Spiderman. Shit villians and crap actor (I really hate Toby Mcguire). I still think they should have got Jake Gyllenhaal (Donnie Darko, Jarhead) to play Spiderman, he's awesome. I had high hopes for Ghost Rider untill I saw the 12a rating. Don't think I'll go. Looks too corny and shit to be honest but you never know...
Celtic FootballClub1888
Oh yeah g.n.r., you reminded me, its worth seeing the movie just to see Evas boobs in every scene she is in.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
damn straight
Quote by zippidyduda

Quote by SpedGangster
Ohgosh I have to agree with your sig. you really are the august 06er with a brain!

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
I think they killed the "bad guys" too fast. He would just like whip them with his chain and then they would die...
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by .g,n,r.
I thought it was crap, the fight scenes were all very dumb, kind of expected more from a superhero movie. all villains were done away with very easily and the story line was very linear....

however....

shes not bad to look at

+1, one of the only good things about the movie imo. the action was cool with the special effects and all but like others have said before me, the whole movie barely had any actual fighting because the Ghost Rider barely had to touch them to kill them... i recommend going to another movie instead.
R.I.P Bellamy
Feb. 6th. National Bellamy Day -Remember the day the pit was one.

SET UP:
Epiphone G-400
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Squire

Marshall MG Series 10CD

Boss ME-50
the movie sucked.
bottom line.

Dont see it. You could make better use of the 8$ by throwing it on the ground and burning it. That is actually more entertaining than the movie.
Only eight dollars? It's like, six quid in my local cinema. Which works out to be about ten dollars.

-Matthew Arnold

i thaught it was a good movie. not great, but worth seeing.
And we will send you to whatever God you wish...
I saw it about a week ago, it could've been SO much better than it was. There was a lot of corniness and not a lot of action, not to mention a lacking plot. I'd say not to waste money seeing it in theaters. If you really wanna watch it, watch to rent it or whatever because it was pretty disappointing.

It was funny in the kind of sense that it shouldn't be though. But I think it was just because it was pretty lame.

And yeah, someone already mentioned the bad guys getting defeated too quickly. IMO, the movie wouldn't have been too terribly bad if they elaborated a little bit on the killing off of villains. But maybe that's just me.
i saw it today
GREAT
i really liked it, ive been watching a lot of movies lately, ghost rider does not make my top 5 but still a great movie, maybe top 10 =)

You Cant Live In Fear !
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
It's about a fucking flaming skeleton on a motorcycle. It's no doubt going to be shitty.
Wade in the water, child.
Quote by AWA
It's about a fucking flaming skeleton on a motorcycle. It's no doubt going to be shitty.

Whoa whoa whoa.......that screams "excellent piece of cinema" to me.
I saw it last night and I thought it was pretty good. Had a good story line. Good special effects. Alot of action. And some plot twists, not M. night shamalan type twists but the kind that make it interesting.

EDIT: Overall I'd give it a 8/10
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Last edited by angus is god at Feb 25, 2007,
I haven't seen it, but why they would make such a corny, very not serious movie about Ghost Rider is beyond me. Fantastic 4? Fine. Human Torch was supposed to be very corny and have stupid lines, he's always been that way. Corniness of Spider-Man? That's fine, too. He's supposed to have corny lines and that's what makes him a cool hero; he's got a sense of humor.

However, Ghost Rider's history and background is pretty complex and as far as I know, the subject-matter is pretty damn serious. But what really, really bugs me is that while they used all of the powers and appearance of Daniel Ketch's Ghost Rider, they still kept Johnny Blaze. Why not turn this into a franchise and use Johnny Blaze's appearance, etc. in the first movie and then make the sequel or a later movie about Daniel Ketch? Then we could see him fight someone like Blackout (I don't know if Blackout was in this one, so forgive me if I'm wrong).

I don't know, I don't mind corniness in other heroes, but Ghost Rider just doesn't seem like it's something they should have added.

In short: They need to get real comic book fans to write and direct these movies (like Kevin Smith).
Kevin Smith, that would be sweet (or funny?)

I say the guy who did Sin City, that Frank Miller guy
Quote by zippidyduda

Quote by SpedGangster

what can i say?

I'm the 100th Spartan
The only good thing about that crap-excuse of a movie was the massive mounts of cleavage the chick had goin' on the entire movie
Quote by archangels666
Find me someone who doesn't do that and I'll show you a man humping a hippopotamus.

Quote by Vigilantius
High chairs are for little girls. My kids eat gravel off of bare concrete.

i thought it was a good movie but the fights in it blew, all the bad guys were complete pushovers...even the antichrist was a pushover.....come on...
i play drums and guitar :