Well i was in the market for a strat and i finaly got some cash to get one so i went the music store and ened up coming out iwth a 3 tone sunburst, MIA highway 1 strat. The jubo frets feel amazing, and the neck is sleek and easy to play, i am in love wiht this guitar, ill get pics up tomrrow, lemme know what you guys think of this guitat, and how else has one.
Epiphone EJ-160E 6 string acoustic
Fender american highwayone sunburst strat
Art and Lutherie Cedar 12 string acoustic
Gibson (White) Les Paul Studio
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
hot damn, a highway 1 strat through a vox ac30 is like butter on popcorn.

i dont own a strat but i played one a few times when my band was recording. The neck pickup through an ac30 is sooo mellow and rich, ahhh,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
I played one a while ago and I thought it was good in between the line guitar, much better than the Mexi strats however I thought I would replace the pick ups if I did buy one and I'm not a big fan of the jumbo frets. I eventually decided to put a strat together using the 3 tone sunburst body because I liked the mat finish and I am quite impressed with its tone however it scratches easily.

Body

Thats my guitar now but I still need a new bridge and scallop the neck (which is a 70's reissue)
I'm gonna live forever and if I don't suceed i'll die trying.
Originally posted by Liberation
Damn. You win Master Shake. I am not worthy!
I have not got that exact one however I am recently the very proud owner of a mexican strat holy shit I love playing that.
"Member of the Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join"
Comander of the silly sausage army pm me or KCGIG1 to join!

My gear:

Electric: Mexican Fender stratocaster
Acoustic: navaro
amp: Fender frontman 15G
Maple or Rosewood fretboard?

HW1 Strats are killer. I'd save for one, but i'm currently negotiating a deal on an original 60's Strat the same as Jimi's woodstock one, and let's just say it's damn cheap...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Sunburst Strat's are sexy for sure

MrCarrot, what sort of price range have you managed to negotiate?
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Oh, about £50 I feel like i'm ripping the guy off but he never uses it, he got it off his grandad, he plays metal and he generally dislikes it.

Electronics are shot but it is authentic...
:O

I think that about sums it up...yup...

If you feel bad, give him £60 for it :P Then sell it to me for £70! JUST THINK OF THE PROFIT PERCENTAGE!
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Haha :P

Any ideas what it might be worth on eBay? Not that I'd sell it, but just to see what it might be really worth...

Oh, and btw, it may seem like everybody asks this, but how's your Orange? I wanted that exact amp for my next one
It depends on the condition. What year is it? What's original? It'll be worth even more if it's pre 1964.

Man, the Orange is beautiful. Overdrives excellently when you crank it and the clean channel has a lot of presence. It's just great. I've been using it at 3 on the volume at band practises and been plenty loud enough, but last night, we put the amp on an amp stand and I didn't even have to crank beyond 2! You won't be dissapointed if you decide on one Also, they look sexy on stage
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Not sure what year exactly. It does look exactly like Jimi's woodstock one, and he says it's 40 years old. Condition is nigh on perfect. I haven't had a closer look at it yet, he's agreed to lend me it for a week though.

I have seen it too, so don't be doubting it!

The amp looks and sounds sweet. As long as it has decent cleans and decent OD then it's worth considering It's a toss-up between that and an AC30... It's a hard choice, as I know the Orange's OD is legendary and the VOX's cleans are legendary. I'll have to have a good long session with each when I can afford either
Haha, I had to make the exact same decision as you! I was up in the air between the AC30 and Rocker 30 for a good couple of weeks then went with the Orange. Haven't regretted it and if you can combine it with a Tubescreamer or something like that, man, it screams. The cleans do have a great sound, shame there's not more variability with it, like you only get a master volume, no mid, treble and bass. I s'pose you could get an EQ though.

If you can get the Strat to work with the original pickups, getting the wiring checked on it like, I can only take a wild stab in the dark as to what it would be worth.

I should think that £4000ish is a reasonable estimate, but I might be way off the mark.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

:O:O:O:O:O

Now I see why you reacted like that! If he doesn't change his mind and I buy it, I'll take it straight to a tech to see if it's repairable! Never knew it'd be that much, christ. £1-2k I thought. Imagine what gear you could buy with 4k, if it is worth that....

Although I probably wouldn't sell it

And it's a damn hard choice for me between the amps eh! the VOX clean has awed me but the Orange OD has knocked me down too :S
Haha, either way you look at it, an all original 40 year old Strat is worth more then 2k, which is still a hell of a lot of cash haha. If he changes his mind, just be like "well, I've really taken a liking to it tell you what, call it a hundred".

Nah, you shouldn't sell it. Just imagine the sound you'd get through the Orange with a vintage Strat. Man, mine sounds nice enough using my mates Mexican Strat for god sake! Haha.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

Yeah man, I can just imagine that Orange now...

Reckon I can get RHCP cleans with it? I haven't heard any clips of it clean... And the no control knobs on the clean channel don't bother me, I've got a Valve Junior and I love the thing
You certainly could get RHCP cleans I get a nice Under the Bridge sound with it and I don't have a vintage Strat

It's pretty nice if you need to run an Electro Acoustic for like a song or two. Mine sounds sweet through it and the feedback isn't too bad even without a soundhole plug.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

all of my guitar/amp

body

Pedal board

I figured id post evreything for fun.
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
Pretty nice setup. Ive been urning for a new Hwy 1 forever.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

for the guy whos trying to decide on the vox or orange, the vox is a killer amp, great cleans, greta overdirve, i use a ibanez ts9, makes its sound amazing. I dont know what to tell u to get, eventually im getting a marshall or mesa for my overdrive, but dont get me wrong this amp can do it all.
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi
Quote by MrCarrot
Haha :P

Any ideas what it might be worth on eBay? Not that I'd sell it, but just to see what it might be really worth...

Oh, and btw, it may seem like everybody asks this, but how's your Orange? I wanted that exact amp for my next one

If its pre 64 it would be up around $50 000 AUD if its clean....
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
i dount you will get that much for it, i got pics up on the first page!
VOX AC30CC
boss dd-3
ibanez ts-9
boss ce-5
mxr phase 90
bigshot aby
big muff pi