18 18%
East Bay Ray - Dead Kennedys
50 51%
Brian Setzer - Stray Cats
24 24%
Voters: 99.
Page 1 of 3
Hey guys.

Pick your favourite choice, and we'lll have us a king! awesome.

Note to mods: you can now close the other thread, but the final needed a poll, so there ya go

EDIT: Poll choices put in alphabetical order.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Feb 17, 2007,
East Bay Ray, all the way.
Yamaha 503TVL
Yamaha Pacifica
Squier Tele Custom II
Crafter bass
Cube 60
Kustom 2x12
Thunders should crush everyone, but he's not gonna. It's a sad world.
brian setzer is the best probably...idk they are all good...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
yeah...ray is gonna win...it seems...

i voted thunders....although brian deserves it...
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Setzer, but like Brian, I'd bet on East Bay Ray to win.

Honestly, though, Brian Setzer is so much better than any of those other ones. He's considered a "guitar hero" even outside the "punk" world.

Not to mention the only choice that even rivals how good the music is, is Johnny Thunders.
Last edited by hardrock1315 at Feb 17, 2007,
This is a hard choice, but Captain Sensible is out cos most of The Damned stuff I know has him on bass not guitar. Johnny Thunders was great with the Dolls, but I don't know any Heartbreakers stuff. East Bay Ray has a great style, but I'm not sure he's as technically proficient as Brian Setzer.
So I'm guessing my vote is off to Mr Setzer.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Brian Setzer is easily the best guitarist out of all of them. He's forgotten more chords than the rest of them will ever know, and I'd like to see any of them come up with licks like he does.
no
I voted for Thunders even though Brian is more technically skilled.

Fixed it
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Last edited by yeahyeah at Feb 17, 2007,
Setzer hes a beast
Quote by waterproofpie
Sometimes people say they don't like Operation Ivy. Those people are what we call liars.

UG's Premiere Dancelete
Setzer, but if Ron Asheton was still in it id vote for him
L E T S G O F U C K I N C R A Z Y ! ! ! !

Please could you guys stop calling him Setzer and use just Brian?

Cheers. I want to make myself a website where I take things people have said about people called Brian and pretend they're about me.

Cheers!
I like Brian's guitar playing bett than Johnny's, but overall Johnny's music is better.

Depending which alias you use Brian, that could be useful either way. :P
it seems most people, like me, picked east bay ray cuz theyre 1st choice wasnt there. I wouldve gone for mick jones or greg ginn
Excellent.

It appears that Brian is making a comeback, and thus more pro-brian comments will be made.

I - no, Brian - am your new god
Quote by pinheadslts75
I like Brian's guitar playing bett than Johnny's, but overall Johnny's music is better.

Depending which alias you use Brian, that could be useful either way. :P

Didn't think of that one.
i couldn't decide weather i liked East Bay Ray or Johnny Thunders, so i fliipped a quarter
any chance for a best punk bassist thread??? i doubt it.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I seriously thought of making like 20 new accounts to get Thunders in the lead, then decided it was too time consuming.
tough call because East Bay Ray and Johnny Thunders are very different. East Bay Ray has a lot of surf rock influence in his playing, and thunders is more of a 50's rock n roll/rockabilly influence, and 60s garage rock. so that is why i flipped a quarter - heads was thunders, and it landed on heads
Quote by Mav-16
tough call because East Bay Ray and Johnny Thunders are very different. East Bay Ray has a lot of surf rock influence in his playing, and thunders is more of a 50's rock n roll/rockabilly influence, and 60s garage rock. so that is why i flipped a quarter - heads was thunders, and it landed on heads

Ray isn't explicitly influenced by surf, it sounds that way because he uses delay.

Ray is more of a Pink Floyd charicature.
ok but songs like police truck and holiday in camobodia have an obvious surf influence, the constant strumming and picking is not found in pink floyd, dave gilmour is much slower, psychedelic blues sound. perhaps maybe he took gilmours playing, and sped it up. and can you submit what songs have the pink floyd influence, maybe im just retarted and don't seem to notice.
Quote by Ska Wars
any chance for a best punk bassist thread??? i doubt it.

Everyone would just vote for Matt Freeman. Mike Watt would be like the only other contender, and not that many people even know about him...
mike watt? idk who that is, maybe i do...but the guy from gang of four is good. there are more...i wouldn't vote for freeman, that is for shizzle..
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Quote by mike2
mike watt? idk who that is, maybe i do...but the guy from gang of four is good. there are more...i wouldn't vote for freeman, that is for shizzle..

Mike Watt is the guy from the Minutemen.
I'd definitely vote for Watt over Freeman. Mike Watt's playing is super funky and IMO Matt Freeman is way overrated (I'm not saying he isn't good though)
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
Quote by Guitar|Freak
it's just about popularity.

exactly
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Page 1 of 3