Im getting my first electric guitar in 2 weeks and my budgets around 150-250. A guitar package would be nice. Im interested in BC Rich and Esp and i play punk rock, alt rock, hard rock and others. what would you guys recommend me?
Uhm...

Personally, I wouldn't recommend either of those in that price range...

But if you've got your heart set on those brands, I think that ESP are the better out of the two.
neither, just with a shitty strat copy
Quote by DJaye

and it was about that time his sister comes bounding in, as she forgot to grab her handbag, only to see her brother running down the hallway with his dick hanging out and a hotdog sausage up his arse
why would you even consider buying a BC Rich? and only the expensive ESPs are good
get an Ibanez RG321MHWK, mahogany body, humbuckers, wizard II neck for £200
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
im definitely not going for a strat copy coz im gonna play this guitar for like a few years..not planning to change that fast. anyway do you guys recommend f-50? not bad for me..
Quote by xmochaboy
im definitely not going for a strat copy coz im gonna play this guitar for like a few years..not planning to change that fast. anyway do you guys recommend f-50? not bad for me..

Well, if you're going to be playing it for a few years. I definitely do not recommend a f-50. I'd go with the ibanez like the guy said a bit up.
Quote by xmochaboy
Well difference between F-50 and Ibanez RG321MHWK?

Well, basically...

The Ibanez is a lot better built than the ESP.

Better woods, most probably better electronics.

To be honest, with the ESP... The only reason you'd be buying it would be for the shape.

I personally think that the Ibanez would be better, and would last you a lot longer than the ESP.

You're basically getting way better quality, for pretty much the same price.
You're not going to get a good BC Rich in that price range, wait, is that pounds, dollars or what?

Ibanez seems your best bet, but as usual just play loads of guitars and see what you like the feel of best.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Man and I actually thought F-50 was cool. =( so what you're saying is F-50 for the looks while Ibanez RG321 for quality and sound?
RG's look awesome as well.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by DigUpHerBones
You're not going to get a good BC Rich in that price range, wait, is that pounds, dollars or what?

Ibanez seems your best bet, but as usual just play loads of guitars and see what you like the feel of best.

Hmm yea i'll try both and see which suits me. dollars.ibanez is slightly more expensive btw. and about amps is line 6 or marshall better?
Quote by xmochaboy
Hmm yea i'll try both and see which suits me. dollars.ibanez is slightly more expensive btw. and about amps is line 6 or marshall better?

Depends on the model.
Lets say Marshall MG15DFX Guitar Combo Amplifier or Line6 Spider III 15 Guitar Combo Amplifier?
Quote by xmochaboy
Lets say Marshall MG15DFX Guitar Combo Amplifier or Line6 Spider III 15 Guitar Combo Amplifier?

You just picked the two most hated amps on this website.

Have you looked at the Roland Cubes?

I think that would be a better amp out of those two.

between the marshall and the line 6 though, I prefer the line 6...
Rofl, what did you do? Dig up a list of UGs most hated gear and put it on your wishlist?

In this sort of price range, say no and run away screaming from; BC Rich, ESP, Marshall, Line 6, Crate, Behringer, First Act etc.

Starter packages are not good. Buy your gear individually. Don't buy a guitar just because it's pointy and looks "metal".

Guitars to look into
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Ibanez RG321
Squier 51

Amps
Roland Cube
Vox AD15VT
Well I'm a beginner you can't blame me..xd
If its under your list, probably Ibanez and Roland then..honestly is F-50 that bad?
I've never played it.
But specs wise, it's made from firewood and you're paying for the looks and the name.
Quote by xmochaboy
Okay.. gotcha. any other ibanez models to look for?

not unless you wanna spend more money

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Why you don't save up money, kid? I mean... If you want a guitar that will LAST you and an amp that you won't get sick of [Tone wise] then save up. If you're dead set on getting the ESP F series body... go for the F-250 or the F-400[If you can save up for it.] and get a Vox or something. I'd say get a distortion pedal too because the vox... while it's not a bad amp... I dunno. It just needs some extra driving. Then again you play punk... so that might be fine enough for you.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
But the problem is F250 is just er..over my budget. My dad's budget actually. Yea im planning on getting a Vox now, about 15W should do. A Boss pedal should be fine?
KID get a JOB!!

And people its not ESP its LTD damnit. ESPs and LTD are totally different guitar brands and are built in different factories.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by xmochaboy
Is RG370DX or GRG170DX any better?

well personally id go for the GRG170DX
main differnce between those 2 is the rg has slightly slightly better pups
also it has a edgeIII bridge which everyone will say is bad and ur better off getting a standard tremolo
i have a grx40 which is like the grg except it has 22 frets and is h-s-s not hsh
i love it sounds great plays great and the bridge stays in tune surprisingly well for a nonlocking trem
the grg is a good guitar that will last u awhile not some cheap piece of junk that ur gonna need to upgrade as u progresse
but im still saving up for a rg2500 prestige but thats for the long LONG term future goals
the grg will work great
Quote by XibanezedgeX
well personally id go for the GRG170DX
main differnce between those 2 is the rg has slightly slightly better pups
also it has a edgeIII bridge which everyone will say is bad and ur better off getting a standard tremolo
i have a grx40 which is like the grg except it has 22 frets and is h-s-s not hsh
i love it sounds great plays great and the bridge stays in tune surprisingly well for a nonlocking trem
the grg is a good guitar that will last u awhile not some cheap piece of junk that ur gonna need to upgrade as u progresse
but im still saving up for a rg2500 prestige but thats for the long LONG term future goals
the grg will work great

the RG321 is better than both of them
its got a mahogany body
he plays punk so a trem' aint really necessary so he should have no problem with the RG321's fixed bridge

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez JS1200CA
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
Quote by im_atheist
the RG321 is better than both of them
its got a mahogany body
he plays punk so a trem' aint really necessary so he should have no problem with the RG321's fixed bridge

Exactly.

Also, tremolos are just trouble for new guitarists.
I came across this Epiphone guitar SG-400..is it any better than Ibanez321?
Quote by xmochaboy
I came across this Epiphone guitar SG-400..is it any better than Ibanez321?

i dont know about better they are just different. its really all personal preference.

are you planning on ordering your stuff or buying it from a store?