I just saw a couple of videos of 1980's pop songs and I'm wondering - Did people back then think that dancing like that was cool?
Pop music was actually decent back in the 80's.

Best. Decade. Ever.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I guess so, yes

Its deffinetly better than what we see today.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Hair metal ftw! The video for Van Halen's Jump is hilarious...

Aha were legendary too...
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
It still is. The way they dance in Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go is legendary. I still dance like that.
1980's were awesome, yeah it was cool back then. Problem is in twenty years time when we're wearing futuristic space stuff, we'll be looking back thinking, did we actually think we were cool back then.
I still dress like the 80s metal bands, despite the fact I wasn't born till '88. I have a denim jacket, 2 denim waistcoats, leather trousers, bandanna, boots and everything. Nothing beats 80s fashion!
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
SOME 80s music absolutely rules.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Even the POP in the 70 - 80 was awesome. Bee gees, KC & the sunshine band, village people (YMCA creators)...
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by KillEmAll
I still dress like the 80s metal bands, despite the fact I wasn't born till '88. I have a denim jacket, 2 denim waistcoats, leather trousers, bandanna, boots and everything. Nothing beats 80s fashion!

I wasnt born till '88 either. But I still feel very proud to be an 80's child, shame everything went downhill in the '90s
Come on, man. BREAKFAST CLUB! And the fact that the Scorpions came out with Love at First Sting that decade.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
Metallica came out in the 80's (when they were still decent, although they have few decent sounding tunes nowadays).
Known.
Some.
Call.
Is.
Air.
Am?

Incoherent - yes.
Without meaning - I'm afraid not.

"Known some call is air am."
Which is to say-

"I am not what I used to be"
They probably did. People enjoy wearing wigs and pyjamas.

...what do you mean they're not wigs? What do you mean they're not pyjamas?

Help.
Quote by Smokey Amp

Best. Decade. Ever.

Yep yep. +1
I'm back, you douchebags.
The 80s were the worst decade ever. HAIR METAL and GLAM METAL are two of the gayest genres of rock to curse rock n roll. Now the 60s and 70s were good decades.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org
Quote by Voldragon
I wasnt born till '88 either. But I still feel very proud to be an 80's child, shame everything went downhill in the '90s

You aren't an 80's child...
Quote by psychedelic420
The 80s were the worst decade ever. HAIR METAL and GLAM METAL are two of the gayest genres of rock to curse rock n roll. Now the 60s and 70s were good decades.

Amen.
Quote by psychedelic420

Hair Metal and Glam metal > You
I'd take Hair/ Glam Metal any day over the shit that plays on the radio now. Hell, Metal sucks now.
New Wave was where its at though.
I'm listening to New Order right now.
Bizarre Love Triangle ftw!
Quote by Smokey Amp

Best. Decade. Ever.

worst. opinion. ever.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by brodo
ALL 80s music absolutely rules. even though i was born in 1993.

lol thats rich, someone born in 93 thinks all 80s music is good. That ssuuurrrre says a lot.......everyone knows that tha good shit was venom, and all that thrash and death stuff. The pop was really crappy.
even though i love technical death metal and melodic music...

80's > everything.

Vai, Satriani, Cacaphony...

guitar was at its peak.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
Quote by meta1militia
even though i love technical death metal and melodic music...

80's > everything.

Vai, Satriani, Cacaphony...

guitar was at its peak.

Most Definately
Quote by One Way Ticket
Hair Metal and Glam metal > You
I'd take Hair/ Glam Metal any day over the shit that plays on the radio now. Hell, Metal sucks now.

The absolutely brilliant metal album I bought today that came out last year begs to differ...
Quote by Smokey Amp

Best. Decade. Ever.

Definitely
Quote by GiantRaven
The absolutely brilliant metal album I bought today that came out last year begs to differ...

Matter Of Life and Death?
Quote by GiantRaven

Inhuman Rampage? Lol.
The 80s were the best - listen to Night Ranger's Don't Tell Me You Love Me. What pop rock song now has a guitar solo like that? It's god damn insane. The music was awesome in the 80s, and even the saccharine pop stuff is good to listen to for a giggle. They weren't saying "motherf*cker" a la Justin Timblerlake trying to get some "edge" to his otherwise pussy persona. They were light fluffy pop, and they knew it.

Plus, you have the whole 80s hardcore punk movement, which tossed up some of my favourite music ever. Then add in all the great thrash and hair metal bands... holy crap dude.
no