what GOOD electric guitar can I get for 500 bucks? it's my third one, so I'm an experienced player who need something different than Stagg

I put my tobacco under my upper lip, just like anyone would do.

Yamaha RGX A2, Fender FM 212R.
ok, some details: lots of chrome, two humbuckers (each with a volume control) screw the tone control. and a known brand

I can suggest a Dean ( the cheapest i saw was around 382 dollars so with 500 you can get a good one) or a Jackson (the JS series are not very expensive and the X series are a little over 600 dollars). Im not sure about Epiphone's prices, but they are ok for their price.

Edit: You may be able to find a Jackson X series below 500 bucks
Last edited by Kenit at Feb 17, 2007,
dang you dont care about tone controls? So you really wouldn't care about your tone/pickups?

hmm Epiphone SG's are under 500 and they have 2 volume/ 2 tone.

SG's are the only guitars i know that have 2 volume
have anyone tried the zakk wylde signature epiphone?

les pauls have 2 tone controls and 2 volume controls. id say epi les paul standard although you like the zakk custom but that is more than 500
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
I tried the Zakk Epi, and I'll tell ya it was hard not to leave the store with it!! Then again, I WAS playing it thru a Peavy JS Series 2x12 amp...that had alot to do with it. But it did have good crunch and sustain...I was very impressed. I liked the raw maple neck, too.
Check out this, too...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-VType-NTB-Electric-Guitar?sku=511398
It's not big on chrome ( it's got a pretty cool abalone inlay around everything), but it's got HOT ceramic humbuckers in it that are actually really good for stock pups. I have one and haven't touched my Les Paul since I got it. 24 frets and neck thru...good sustain and tone.
It's actually got a shorter scale length than a Paul, so it may seem kinda small. But I'll tell ya, if you're into heavy stuff this will cover it for sure. Thru my POD XT Live and with the right settings, this thing absolutely screams. I've never had a problem with artificial harmonics, but this thing is insanely easy to do them on. Alot of times they actually happen to me by accident!
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
Quote by beckyjc

I've played that guitar at a music stop, pretty comfortable and sound good, its the same as those Newish Fender Standard Stratocaster but with a different finish

I own a Godin freeway Classic, Great guitar, too many good things to say about it no bad things. The humbuckers really make a difference
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
Last edited by guitarkid7 at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by fretboarddragon
I tried the Zakk Epi, and I'll tell ya it was hard not to leave the store with it!! Then again, I WAS playing it thru a Peavy JS Series 2x12 amp...that had alot to do with it. But it did have good crunch and sustain...I was very impressed. I liked the raw maple neck, too.

if you're reffering to the camo i hate the neck, doesnt go at all should be a ebony neck

but the normal white and black bullseye looks way better imo
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
Dean Evo Special-$420 from musicians friend
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Quote by magicninja_
Forget the name and look at Agile. Best in that price range imo.

www.rondomusic.com

Let's hope this doesn't turn into an Agile Vs. Epiphone debate.

Anyway, I think you should go for an Epiphone Les Paul Plain-Top.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413
Unlike the normal standard, there's no alder in it, so you get that whole mahogany tone. Also, you can use that spare $100 buy a new pickup or two if you don't like it stock.
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Is this USA dollars? Your location states your in Norway...

As for a guitar, sounds like an Epiphone Les Paul would suit you.
Ibanez SZ320 = godly; maho, 2 volume controls, humbuckers, awesome sustain; good for just about anything, especially if you change the pups.
Quote by rafarquhar
Let's hope this doesn't turn into an Agile Vs. Epiphone debate.

Anyway, I think you should go for an Epiphone Les Paul Plain-Top.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Standard-Plain-Top?sku=517413
Unlike the normal standard, there's no alder in it, so you get that whole mahogany tone. Also, you can use that spare $100 buy a new pickup or two if you don't like it stock.

Nah i have an Epi and love it. I just saw the spec's on the Agile's and thought they seemed great for the price. I don't think anyone could go wrong with either.