I am really wanting to get a Digitech Whammy at some stage (once I have saved up more money), but I don't know if they're as good as made out to be or not...
I tried one in a store, but couldn't actually "try" it... they only had it on a display shelf that they couldn't take off of (or just couldn't be stuffed taking off of) which was at eye level when sitting and using it with headphones... From the little time I used it, it sounded pretty good. I looked for the things I expected there might be like doubling or delaying guitar sound (like the RP50 multi-effects with control outs and expression pedals) and there was none of that, just a smooth pitch rise and fall.

I am almost 16 and have been playing for about 7 years now and play in a couple of bands and do some gigs and write originals... I have some decent equipment, I go through a digitech RP50 (for chorus, flanger, phaser, etc.), Dunlop Jimi Hendrix wah, Marshall Guv'nor distortion, Boss DS-1 distortion, Boss octave, Boss DD-3 Digital Delay, PROEL Volume, Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor.... I'm pretty sure that's all my effects.
I have a Fender FM212r amp (I know it's not great, but it does the job) and I'm building a guitar that has seymour duncan invaders in it.

I am a big Tom Morello fan, so a real digitech whammy would be very awesome, rather than using my cheap multi-effects "almost-whammy" effect... Do you think this pedal is a good buy?
Last edited by loop-de-luke at Feb 17, 2007,