Page 1 of 2
All I know is that my state, Indiana, has the most rednecks/hicks for a northern state. Mostly in the south, not up here by chicago.

but, i think it's probably alabama, mississippi, or georgia.

not to downsize any of those states, i know alot of people there ARN'T hicks.
Nikolas
Quote by alexlemon2
Alabama. Refer to Top Gear for info.

I salute you sir, Top Gear is awesome!

That episode's a classic, "MAN-LOVE RULES OK"
are rednecks the same thing as hicks?. Or is a Hick essentially just inbred and stupid not necessarily racist?
psh virginia isnt a hick state. alabama ftw
member #4 of "i remember when pokemon used to be cool" club
Quote by eflex21
psh virginia isnt a hick state. alabama ftw

isnt that where deliverance was based?
Arkansas as well. Louisiana is surprisingly hick-less (perhaps due to lack of hills)
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by AceOfBlades
I salute you sir, Top Gear is awesome!

That episode's a classic, "MAN-LOVE RULES OK"

all also agree with you two 100%!
Yeah, now you're gonna die wearing that stupid little hat. How does it feel?

Help me to live.

I make custom guitar wiring harnesses and I'm pretty damn good at it!
As a southerner IM gonna say alabama but followed closely by Missippi, Georgia and believe it or not florida. Near the Coast its all yankees but once you go more than ten miles inland its all farmland and rednecks
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
As a southerner IM gonna say alabama but followed closely by Missippi, Georgia and believe it or not florida. Near the Coast its all yankees but once you go more than ten miles inland its all farmland and rednecks

I live 14 miles inland in florida and I never see any rednecks.
Edit: Nvm, I just noticed you live in Tampa. If you go north a bit form where I am then go inland then yes, there are hicks there.
Probably in NC. We invented Bluegrass.
And by the way they prefer to be called "Appilachian Americans" not "Hicks".
Sig What?
Probably like Nebraska. In my opinion, you can't be racist unless you've actually met someone of another race. That, however, does not stop them from being racist, ignorant fucks.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by alexlemon2

that was one of the funniest things i have ever seen!
Quote by kmf1

Actually, Deliverance was filmed Tallulah Falls, Georgia, and Clemson, South Carolina. And Western North Carolina is pretty redneck-ish. After you leave the areas around Asheville and the cities then you are in the boonies. Deep, deep, deep in the boonies.
Quote by darth awsome
Probably in NC. We invented Bluegrass.
And by the way they prefer to be called "Appilachian Americans" not "Hicks".

Do you want to be best friends?
Georgia is probably 20% hick but I have family in Alabama and they take the cake.
Cannibal Corpse

Quote by THE JEWISH AFRO
Good Golly Gosh!

nice sig...
there were some where i used to live and some where i live right now. but not too many though.
not oklahoma.well i guess way up north its pretty bad, like in the panhandle. but i live like 20 minutes from the texas border so its cool here.
There's something living in these lines.
most say either alabama or georgia, them's there is hick country.
Quote by dann_blood
Stars are Blind - Paris Hilton. I heard that and set me off on a destructive rampage for weeks.

Quote by FearTheD
i want him to ride his magical roll of USPS stickers to Valhalla
How about West Virginia because thats still towards the north and there is some real country moonshine shit going on in all of those hills. Where as Alabama and Mississippi are just a bunch of southerners.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Fight Ignorance --> www.erowid.org
whew, missouri is really dodging bullets, so far people have said Nebraska, Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Kansas, but no Missouri....whew
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

There's a good deal of rednecks/hicks in Maine.

lol...I know they're considered "yankees" by some of the more retarded/hardcore hicks, but they're pretty bad, nonetheless. Mostly lobsterers and farmers and fishermen.

Quote by Kyle Gass
I have to say since I've traveled ALOT and I have to say EVERY state has its fair share of hicks/and or rednecks, every state has its rural areas..... Except for MAINE, MAINE CONTRIBUTES NOTHING to society!!!!

With an exception for Stephen King

Maine is like 95% gr1m necroforest.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
probably alabama or mississippi i live in GA and ive been to most places here and i definately think alabama is worse than GA
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by kmf1

that's georgia, dumbfuck.

where my mom is from.

we always give her a hard time about it. my father and i are from memphis so we're not rednecks, just black by association.

alabama's so bad i've never been there. we just avoid it. i've been to most states in the southeast. never alabama to my knowledge.
#DTWD
Quote by Cyclotoolica
Meh, they all suck.

shut it asshole. you probobly havent weven set foot on american soil!
I lived in California for a year. I told this Mexican guy that I was from Oregon and he asked me in a jackass tone, "Does everyone wear cowboy hats and ride horses up there? LOL!"

WTF.

Then I asked him if everyone wears sombraros and rides donkeys where he was from, and he got pissed.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Quote by Metal Disciple
I lived in California for a year. I told this Mexican guy that I was from Oregon and he asked me in a jackass tone, "Does everyone wear cowboy hats and ride horses up there? LOL!"

WTF.

Then I asked him if everyone wears sombraros and rides donkeys where he was from, and he got pissed.

Owned.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by woodenbandman
Arkansas as well. Louisiana is surprisingly hick-less (perhaps due to lack of hills)

Louisiana may be hick-less but we have Cajuns. They aren't bad, it's just that we have a bunch of people here that try to be Cajun when they're really not, it gets very annoying.
Member #9 of the Carvin club
Quote by Quark Soup
Louisiana may be hick-less but we have Cajuns. They aren't bad, it's just that we have a bunch of people here that try to be Cajun when they're really not, it gets very annoying.

What's the deal with Cajuns anyway? Are they like the North American version of Aryans or something?
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
What's the deal with Cajuns anyway? Are they like the North American version of Aryans or something?

There really isn't a deal with them. It's the fake ones. They try and put on fake accents and go hunting and fishing. A lot of people think Cajuns are just rednecks from Louisiana though because they watched Blue Collar Comedy Tour and Jeff Foxworthy said "Cajuns are rednecks with hot sauce."
Quote by Quark Soup
There really isn't a deal with them. It's the fake ones. They try and put on fake accents and go hunting and fishing. A lot of people think Cajuns are just rednecks from Louisiana though because they watched Blue Collar Comedy Tour and Jeff Foxworthy said "Cajuns are rednecks with hot sauce."

Yeah. I know what you're talking about. Plenty of people here put on Maine accents to try and 'fit in' with the redneck crowd, even though they really don't have the accents. Annoying as fuck.

EDIT- Come to think of it, that would be like me picking up a fake Norwegian accent because of the music I listen to. No thanks.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Last edited by Dirtydeeds468 at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Yeah. I know what you're talking about. Plenty of people here put on Maine accents to try and 'fit in' with the redneck crowd, even though they really don't have the accents. Annoying as fuck.

What's even worse is when people from out of state come to the restaurant I work at and they have us wash all the seasoning off of the food. I want to punch them in the face when they do that. What don't they understand about pre-seasoned food!?

But to stay on topic, I have family in Alabama and I think they are about as hick as you get.
has any1 seen that movie where sum soldiers goin to the forest for training and like loads of cajans hunt them all down and kill um and then play fiddle ?
what is that called?
anyone know?
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.
^

I just got this image of Bruce Willis screaming and firing a machine gun at an army made up of a bunch of that guy with the thick accent from The Waterboy and Joe Dirt.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Quote by alexlemon2

+ quite a high number
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Page 1 of 2