I am one of probably a very small number of youths in the developed world who does not like MySpace. The only good thing it has going for it is for band, because it can promote a band to progress. Personal profiles on the other hand are sad because some people spend so much time on it because they cant be arsed to make friends the real and more meaningful way.

I serisously think its going to rule the earth and ruin human socailization for ever. Im sure alot of people on UG have MySpace accounts and love doing it. But think of the future. What will happen to out children if all the lessons in life we have to teach them is how to make a new blog.

Leave comments if you agree or you dont agree.

No flaming towards me because opinions are based on myspace and not me

Thank you UG

Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
dude, i dont know what all the hype is about myspace. the only reason i use it is to get free music, and to promote my band
My gear,

roland Jazz chourus
les paul model i built myself
Big muff
squire bullet soon to be hot rodded
Mxr Phase100
bass i built myself
Morley Wah

"I'm still trying to figure
out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets."
I dont have a myspace account. I dont see whats so special about it. However i do like listening to bands on myspace.
last.fm
Quote by rockhard182
*opens happytimeharrys head* *finds nothing*

what a ripoff

Member #18 of the "Claudio Sanchez is God" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
No, it's just a website. and while I'm not going to flame you, you could get flamed because it is your opinion, whether people respect it or not.

Yeah, but I'm sure alot of people dislike myspace. I'm starting to, to be honest. It was cool 2 years ago, but now that it's the "cool" thing to be doing, it's just gay. All it is 12 and 13 year old girls who dress like sluts and look disgusting. Social/cam *****s.

I don't really think it's going to affect society that much, maybe just create more lazy people who don't go outside and exercise.
Nikolas
mysp4c3 is t3h c0ol guyzz!!!twelve!! liek cm0n!!!1!1one

No seriously... myspace is retarded IMO. I think some people just use it because some "cool" kids use it.
Updates|Chat|Forums|Contests|Monkeys|Your AccountUsername:████████
Password:████████
LOGIN!
HIGHVOLTAGE45+ Join Today!

Privacy Policy|About|Contact|Advertise|Voltage Inc.©
myspace does suck balls, its not really about interacting with others its about advertising yourself and your "image". However, crap as it is, bitching about it isnt gonna make it go away.
If 12 year old *****s want to advertise themselves to paedophiles (sp?), be my guest.
I have an account but I don't use it that often, and I'm not obsessed with the thing.
Meh it'll probably die in a year or so, there will be something else.
Ehh, it's overrated. People base their lives around it. Simply put, it's a place to talk to people. If you don't have access to a phone, or need an alternative approach to get a hold of somebody, then it's fine.

What sucks are the people that have one to see how many friends they have, when they only talk to 5 of them. or the 12 year old fat "emo" girl who wears too much eyeliner and takes pictures of herself from the same ****ing angle 50 times. thats when it gets gay.
Nikolas
I don't agree.

Saying people spend more time on there than with real people is just bullshit.

I'm sure there are no people that are so involved in myspace that they have no friends. I use myspace to stay in touch with my friends when I can't physically see them.

Please, enough with the gross exaggerations and generalizations
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
i have a myspace, i don't check it very often. I use it to send messages to friend who i don't see in person (people who live in other states, countries) and for the music.
Quote by Prophet of Page
If Hendrix, Clapton and Page were to jam, the most impressive guitarist playing would be Paul Gilbert.

Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

member of the Mitch Hedberg pwns club pm Knives490 to join
I highly doubt that Myspace will be around when I start having children. I'm not a fan of it, it has too many bugs for my liking, and the people who's lives it takes over irritates me. I only use it for talking to friends in other countries, and to listen to a band I can't be arsed downloading to see if I like.
While internet is increasing, blogging and whatnot, I doubt it'll take over the world. It can be useful, makes widespread communication so much easier, and can be entertaining. I'm sure my parents would rather I stayed inside updating a blog (not that I own one) than being outside, bored and trashing houses.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Yeah sure, its going to take over the world. I think you just posted what your parents put into your mind. Get some decent, thought out beliefs that you can defend if youre going to post them.
Emo is conforming to unconformity and whining. Really, it is.
i use myspace as a way to talk to people. on myspace, i get to talk to people that i otherwise wouldn't. its kinda like having an email address for everyone. its not much worse than instant messaging.
Quote by pat_o_g
i use myspace as a way to talk to people. on myspace, i get to talk to people that i otherwise wouldn't. its kinda like having an email address for everyone. its not much worse than instant messaging.

+1000000000000000
I friggin' hate goddamn mypsace. My girlfriend always checks hers 100 times when I'm at her house and it annoys the hell out of me. People get addicted to it so fast it's almost sad.
LOL
i dont think there is anything wrong with myspace free music, free advertising, And when u have friends that may have moved or something its a cool way to stay in touch.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I highly doubt that Myspace will be around when I start having children. I'm not a fan of it, it has too many bugs for my liking, and the people who's lives it takes over irritates me. I only use it for talking to friends in other countries, and to listen to a band I can't be arsed downloading to see if I like.
While internet is increasing, blogging and whatnot, I doubt it'll take over the world. It can be useful, makes widespread communication so much easier, and can be entertaining. I'm sure my parents would rather I stayed inside updating a blog (not that I own one) than being outside, bored and trashing houses.

....but...theres a blog on that myspace page in your sig.......are u linking to sum1 else page or somet???
I think it's dumb that people judge you when you have one. okay my top 8 I had bands frist then I had my family then my girlfriend and everyone was like omg you don't care abt your girlfriend I was like wut the hell how do you know it's just all becuase she isn't first on my top 8 man i was abt to kill someone it's so dumb so poeple make that thing there life they need something to do like pick up a guitar or go freaking get a life.
for those who don't like myspace (as i dont) i highly recommend facebook. 3 Of the things that really bother me with myspace are solved with facebook:

1: Clutter-Facebook does not allow for personalization, which may sound fascist or whatnot, but it is actually very freeing, and makes it so u can read everything without obnoxious fonts, annoying music that u have to turn off every time you visit the page, and an inability to find what you're actually looking for.

2: Organization-Facebook lets you join networks, which can then link you to other people, via school, group, or location. Meanwhile, it tells you what friends you have in common with other people, and who is in relationships with who.

3: Cleanliness: It's next to godliness. But seriously, no pop-ups, no "your page will load after this ad", no spam emails, the worst you get is an occasional chainmail, but those are completely user controlled. People's names are spelled out as their actual name, so when you want to find someone, you can actually find them.

Thanks for listening to this long bit of advice, hope it helps some of you. Peace.
That's it now im going to write a blog about how much I hate people that hate myspace

But seriously myspace is stupid and a huge waste of time, unless you have a band then you have free advertising
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
I've thought im the only one who hates it!
Woot!
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by hamish5178
I don't agree.

Saying people spend more time on there than with real people is just bullshit.

I'm sure there are no people that are so involved in myspace that they have no friends. I use myspace to stay in touch with my friends when I can't physically see them.

Please, enough with the gross exaggerations and generalizations

+1
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Myspace is cool because its a good way to talk to your friends. Its just like instant messenging, but slower.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Quote by c0ld_3mphasis05
Threadstarter, can you say irony?

yes, but what is ironic about a discussion forum about any topic and myspace. Resemblance? i think not.
Quote by akack

Like you said, SOME people spend too much time on it.

Hate them, not the site.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Dude... It's a website.
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to, so when they turn their back on you, you get a chance to put the knife in.
I like asking to see peoples boobies on it
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I agree.

I have a MySpace account, but my profile states that I am 100 years old and I live in the Federated States of Micronesia.

Which I'm not, and don't.

The only reason I made the account is to, like most people have said, visit band pages.

It's as if the world revolves around MySpace at this point. Like, when someone meets a cute guy/girl, or someone they haven't seen in a long time, the first thing they're apt to ask them is "So, do you, like, have a MySpace?" I mean, forget phone numbers and addresses. It's down to websites now.

Yeesh.
There's only one girl in the world for you
and she probably lives in Tahiti.
Quote by Pink_Floyd89
Dude... It's a website.

Hilter was just a person. But look what he did!!
Quote by akack