Hello all. When I was out shopping for my new Tele, I tried several models including both Fender Mexicans and Squier Standards. After trying several I decided just for the heck of it to pick up an Affinity Squier. Surprisingly it was the best solid feeling Tele to me of the bunch! Needless to say I was totally surprised. I tried other Affinitys to see if it was the models but all other Affinitys felt very cheap, it was just the one. So, I decided to buy it (and save lots of $$$).

Anyway, I am wanting to upgrade the bridge on this because the saddles are a little rough but the strings do not string through the body and string through the back of the bridge itself. Are there any higher quality bridges with the same design, designed to fit this guitar or can I only upgrade the saddles? Thanks.
Thanks guys. I checked at Warmoth and didn't see a string thru bridge model, only the string through body. I didn't want to have to drill holes for the string thru body type (that seems like a difficult process??). Anything else? Thanks.
Quote by Ippon
Sounds like you just want to replace the Tele bridge, if so, check out Guitar Fetish.

(Invalid img) (Invalid img) (Invalid img)

That's what I was looking for, thanks!! Prices are good too.
i also have a affinity squire tele, and im pretty sure that the screws are different on a fender bridge, i have 3 screws at the bottom end of the bridge and 2 up the top, i think the fenders have 4 at the bottom.
the screws are different. for those pics, ud have to drill for the new bridge. not hard like drilling for a string thru.

my affinity also has a screw in each corner and maybe an extra at the bottom.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If it's the saddles that you don't like, try changing them. As far as the string through body deal, you don't have much choice there.
Quote by fireman464
If it's the saddles that you don't like, try changing them. As far as the string through body deal, you don't have much choice there.

I may just change the saddles, not sure yet. The Wilkinson is not expensive and I still may just get the whole thing. I have to see how far the holes are off from the original so they don't fall half over the others. If I can drill all new holes without having to plug any existing ones then I'll get the whole bridge.
The string through body thing shouldnt be too hard, Just slap on the new bridge and mark your holes. Then use a drill press (a hand drill would work but it'd be a little risky) and drill through. The holes in the bridge itself hold the string by the ball. The furrels arent a bad idea and I'm sure they arent that hard to put in.
You could snag some nice pickups from GuitarFetish too:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/mapatevistpi.html
Main gear (For complete list, see profile):
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain-top
Basswood Telecaster, 2 single-sized HB's, both split.
Epiphone Valve Junior
B-52 AT-412 Cabinet
Oh, and I have a Squier VM Jazz Bass too.
Quote by rafarquhar
You could snag some nice pickups from GuitarFetish too:

http://store.guitarfetish.com/mapatevistpi.html

Wow, good price and thanks for the link. However, I'm going to go with a beefier sound (for the bridge pup); maybe a SD Quarter Pound if I stay single coil, or I might also go with stacked design for humbucker. I haven't decided yet. I remember having a SD Quarter Pounder in a strat some time ago that just screamed.
x2 on the quater pound. ^ they sound pretty hot.

i went with a hot rails/vintage rails for tele in mine, but honestly i almost always leave the switch in the middle spot for a blend of the two.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011