What actually IS a tubescreamer? i always thought it was an overdrive pedal, but someone told me yesterday whilst i was trying it out in a shop that it is a distortion pedal...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
cheers.

Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

And if your looking for one may i suggest the Maxon OD-9 as it is amazing
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
cool cheers Syn- i tried an Ibanez TS9 in a shop yesterday but they didnt have any TS808's so i was looking at modding one
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Don't you love it when people in the shop have no idea what they are talking about. Why do they even let those people work in the store.
what kind of music are you playing the main difference between the two is IMO the 808 is smoother while the 9 has more of an edge and i encourage you to check out the Maxon pedals as the new reissue Ibanezs are garbage. Maxon is the company that allways made Ibanezs peals for them then they split and started making their own pedals. Maxon make some phenomenal pedals
Quote by grim1
Don't you love it when people in the shop have no idea what they are talking about. Why do they even let those people work in the store.
i know haha- they always praise the Spiders too (hence why you always run stuff [including the TUBEscreamer i used ] through the bloody things).

And when i was looking at first getting a tube amp i asked to run through the Peavey Valveking- which i did, i started playing master of puppets and stuff, but the guy hastily switched me to the Fender Blues Junior- yeah because you can tell from the song's im playing, thats JUST the tone i'm looking for haha

ah well lol

Quote by Syn Harvest
what kind of music are you playing the main difference between the two is IMO the 808 is smoother while the 9 has more of an edge and i encourage you to check out the Maxon pedals as the new reissue Ibanezs are garbage. Maxon is the company that allways made Ibanezs peals for them then they split and started making their own pedals. Maxon make some phenomenal pedals

Metal and metalcore, heavy stuff- i have a peavey 6505+ and Marshall 1960AV Coming soon i'll put it that way lol.

okay, i will definitly see if i can try out some Maxon's thanks

Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

What kinda store were you at?

Never take advice from clerks at chain guitar stores, 95% of them know next to nothing about guitars, amps, or effects
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
What kinda store were you at?

Never take advice from clerks at chain guitar stores, 95% of them know next to nothing about guitars, amps, or effects

yeah i was just at some localish shop, lmao i'll be sure to not pay too much attention
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

I play a 5150 through a mesa cab and play thrash metal the maxon makes it sound so much better than with out it
Quote by Syn Harvest
I play a 5150 through a mesa cab and play thrash metal the maxon makes it sound so much better than with out it
haha ace, sounds like your the guy for me to listin to

yeah i hope it arrives soon though i've been waiting THREE weeks!!!

damn you for being able to afford to fork out enough for a mesa cab lol

i was just thinking of using it as a boost for solos (seeing as i will be hopefully be gigging) does it boost anything? what are the real...changes to the tone?
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

overdrive pedals that pwn!
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Umm it adds a little volume but mostly it adds sustain and edge and the tone control adds treble. Great for solo boosts. I use it for an overall gain boost i have it on at all times its awesome.

Ya i have a mesa cab but you gotta think i pay alot less for them than you do in England in fact in the next month or so im hoping to get another
fair enough dude, and thanks alot i'll definitly be looking at Maxons
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Last edited by Yngwi3 at Feb 17, 2007,