I made a thread about this yesterday but all people did was argue and not answer me.

So what should i start learning? What are some good jazz guitarists to listen to?
"It's the preachers,and the teachers.Governments,close minded creatures."

my gears not worth the time it would take to put up here
Last edited by wetwilliamthe3r at Feb 17, 2007,
The Chick Corea Band has some incredible stuff.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
okay but what should I learn so I can start playing.the key words are I and LEARN.
"It's the preachers,and the teachers.Governments,close minded creatures."

my gears not worth the time it would take to put up here
Quote by wetwilliamthe3r
okay but what should I learn so I can start playing.the key words are I and LEARN.

Go to your music store and find some Jazz theory books.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Chords. And scales.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Come on guys don't immediately throw him into the modern stuff, go out and listen to Jim Hall, Wes Montgomery, grant Green, George Benson, Ted Greene, Kenny Burrell, John Scofiled, Django Reinhardt, Tal Farlow, Pat Martino, and Joe Pass.
As for non-guitarists John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, McCoy Tyner, Joe Henderson, Sonny Rollins, Woody Shaw, Rashaan Roland Kirk, King Curtis, Bill Evans, Duke Ellington, Chet Baker, Thelonious Monk, Wynton Kelly, Art Blakey, Herbie Hancock(modern depending on what you listen to), Lester Young and anyone else who floats your boat.

Modern Guys if wanted: John Abercrombie, Pat Metheny, Mike Stern, Kenny Wheeler, Kurt Rosenwinkel, Chris Bergson(somewhat bluesy), possibly Spyro Gyra, and Eric Alexander who kicks ass.

I know this is a long list of people but they're worth listening too.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Well, probably THE most important important jazz progression is the ii-V-I.
Practice over that and then do some more.

You can start out playing it completely diatonically (ie using just all the notes
in the key). If you can come up with interesting solos that way, you can start
moving on to scale substitions that have interesting properties over some of
the chords. With that little progression there's a lot you can start off with, study
and learn about jazz.
Quote by weezer ate cake
Mahavishnu Orchestra

yer

Very important that you listen to as much jazz as you can

and if you want to be serious in learning, I really recommend private instruction.