could u tell me the exactly and complete gear that angus uses?

also the settings on amp and pedals, thanks!
Epiphone G400
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss Me 50
Boss Dr 660
Boss OS 2
GUITARS
Gibson SGs mainly 1964 but also '68
Strings high to low .010"-.048" Ernie Ball
Fender extra-heavy picks
AMPS
Marshall JTM-45 plexi (in the studio)
Marshall Plexi 100-watt stacks (live)

But what pedals does he uses?
Epiphone G400
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss Me 50
Boss Dr 660
Boss OS 2
He doesn't need pedals. He just cranks those plexis to get his overdrive, and he doesn't use effects.
Since when the hell did angus use a pedal.... NEVER! Pedals are for little boys with 15 watt solid state amps. I say give up because angus used a different Marshall every couple albums. He used Marshall JTM 45s, superleads (varying years), and he use MV JMPs and even JCM800 at one point. give up because if u want a 68 plexi, it will cost you $4500 to $5000 just for the head. Plus if u dont wanna sound like junk u will need good tubes... $200 for mullard pre amps tubes. $500 for mullard power amp tubes. plus you gonna need a cab, $4500 for cab with pre-rola celestion g12-m's. .... etc anyways you get the point, unless ur rich or a really good player don't try to do players rigs... cus its expensive.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Last edited by Devon8822 at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by dpsource
GUITARS
Gibson SGs mainly 1964 but also '68
Strings high to low .010"-.048" Ernie Ball
Fender extra-heavy picks
AMPS
Marshall JTM-45 plexi (in the studio)
Marshall Plexi 100-watt stacks (live)

But what pedals does he uses?

Dude, do you know how much of a sin it is to plug a pedal into a plexi??? Straight to hell. It would totally defeat the purpose of a $5000 tube amp... its like buy it and than making it sound like a a squire 15 watt amp by puting in a pedal (AKA tone killer). In solid states thats another story cus they sound liek crap anyways, so u can use a pedal in em.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
http://guitargeek.com/rigview/312/

says no pedals

http://www.gibson.com/whatsnew/pressrelease/2001/jan24a.html

acccording to this his settings are roughly half all the way on the amps (between half way down and the end)
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
That is his rig in year 2000.... It changes every couple years.

EDIT: If you want a decent marshall tone for cheap get a Epiphone valve Jr. for $100. All the marshall plexi collectors liek these little guys. They sound amazing for the price. I see guys with a wall of 8 different marshall stacksa and than a little valve jr. they are great little tube amps. plug a cab into one and BAM! Thats probably mroe what ur looking for. Check ebay proably can get one for 50 bucks. They sound huge for the price.
Quote by Johnljones7443

Quote by Aidy Damage
Last edited by Devon8822 at Feb 17, 2007,
haha what did the guy get banned for?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
thought he used sg juniors?
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I read once Angus was kicking around with the ADA mp-1 preamp once. I think he may have used it on Razor's Edge.
gibson sg1964 standard,ernie balls 10-42 , 60s marshall jtm 45 with 4x12 cabs
ibanez rocks