Hey guys I have a roland cube 30 and im looking to get something a little more "gigable" ie. louder

I don't want the cube 60 so please don't recommend that one. I want an amp that will last a while and has great tone for stuff like chili peppers, jack johnson, blink-182, and possibly metal.

Haha so I dunno if theres an amp out there like that, but if y'all could help me out I appreciate it. Price range is anything under $1000 preferably around $300-$600.

I don't really wanna end up with a 75w spider 2 like my friends
I'm sure someones gonna mention the used JCM Marshall tube amp...ha, I beat ya. Dont even look at the Valvekings, check into some Vox ones, you can get a decent crate half stack (GLX212H) for like 500.
And so I killed the guy and the police are still lookin for me!
^I would not suggest Crate. Try, of course, a used Marshall JCM 800 or 900. They should work pretty well.
Except for the metal, I'm pretty sure a fender Hot Rod Deluxe would be good too.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^I would not suggest Crate. Try, of course, a used Marshall JCM 800 or 900. They should work pretty well.
Except for the metal, I'm pretty sure a fender Hot Rod Deluxe would be good too.

Do you even know what you're talking about.

JCM's are basically USED for 80's metal and thrash metal, yet, death metal may be a factor that it cannot support .

TS, I would have suggest Vox AC30 for everything else except for death metal. I see you need quite a versatile amp eh? Well, you could look at genz benz el diablo, that MAY be a bit over budget, but check em' out atleast.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Last edited by Unskathed at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by GuitarGuy2387
How much are these and where should i buy them, musicians friend?

It's best if you get to the music store. There, you can try the amps out in person, and bargain down the price a little.

How much is a "little metal"? I'm thinking a Fender for you, too, if you're looking to play Jack Johnson and RHCP. I prefer the Blues Deluxe to the Hot Rod. Either way, you're gonna wind up spending that $600 for a decent gigging amp that'll last you a while. Check out Peavey's Classic series, too.

You can always get a lot more amp for your money on the used market. Check out eBay and your local Craig's List.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by GuitarGuy2387
A little metal as in, I wouldn't play it just enough distortion to mess around with

There's plenty of gain in all those amps, and with the difference between your $1000 limit and the $600 those amps might cost, you could take your pick of distortion pedals to get the sound you're after.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.