hey yall, i want to put either a Tone Zone/Air Zone, X2N/Air Norton, or a set of Evo's in my Ibanez S470. i play hard rock and metal. my amp is a B-52 AT-212 and i usually have my mids scooped out. which set would be the best to go for? the stock pups are weak and thin.
Quote by lp_dude_2
hey yall, i want to put either a Tone Zone/Air Zone, X2N/Air Norton, or a set of Evo's in my Ibanez S470. i play hard rock and metal. my amp is a B-52 AT-212 and i usually have my mids scooped out. which set would be the best to go for? the stock pups are weak and thin.

If you have your mids scooped out then I THINK the Tone Zone would be the way to go. However, the Evo's are truly great pickups. They're loud and very aggresive.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
yeah
if you want to hear a pair of evo's in an s470 listen to herman li from dragonforce
alotta people hate the band but their just about having fun and playing insanely fast and technically
but yeah he uses that moel of guitar etc just with a diff neck
I personally like Evo Bridge / Air Norton Neck, Evo / Evo, Seymour Duncan SH-6 Bridge / Evo Neck, or Steve's Special / Air Norton...and In an S I would probably go...Evo / Evo...but thats just me
To be honest your mid scooping will be what's making everything sound weak and thin, not the pickups....although Ibanez stocks aren't particularly exciting. Most of the high output Dimarzios have a big midrange spike, so you probably won't like them - the D-Sonic's probably the best choice for you, it's got a flatter EQ curve than most of them. The best partner for it is the Breed neck model.

You haven't mentioned shredding so that rules out Evo's, and the Tone Zone is tremendously midrangey so I doubt you'd like it.

Don't expect anything to sound fantastic if you scoop though, the guitar produces midrange tones, if you take them out you kill most of the tone.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by philipisabeast
yeah
if you want to hear a pair of evo's in an s470 listen to herman li from dragonforce
alotta people hate the band but their just about having fun and playing insanely fast and technically

Herman Li and Sam Totman are crap. "0MGZ 1000000000000000002493853y00000 n0T3Z iN d@ secund!?!!" Uber sloppy players, the Evo's don't really help their case. Good studio tone though
Quote by Qazxs
I was so glad when my cat got spayed. Everytime I was near her she meowed and bent over wanting me to stick it in her. Really gross.
the dimarzio website has a special function for things like this

in the bottom right hand corner of the screen theres a link (that says pickup picker) that takes you to a page on the site that asks you questions about your playing style and then tells you which of their pickups suits you best
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
here on UG, lots of people like insulting dragonforce, line 6, indie music, and generally everything that stands in the way of steve vai and G3 being the greatest guitar players in the world
Quote by mr.happyman
so she took off my pants and was gonna give me dome (head). fukk yeah, free dome (head) (i'm used to hiring prostitutes).as she inched her head closer to my pen0r, she pulled her hand outta nowhere and sandpapered my mini mr.happyman!
Quote by jeowy
here on UG, lots of people like insulting dragonforce, line 6, indie music, and generally everything that stands in the way of steve vai and G3 being the greatest guitar players in the world

joe satriani is better than steve.

and more people like metal on here than shred.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by philipisabeast
yeah

i know, he's the reason i got the S470