Page 1 of 66
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
So yes, we've all wasted a lot of time in front of the TV watching Lost. Searching for any reference to the numbers (4 8 15 16 23 42, for those of you that don't know), making connections between flashbacks, wondering who the hell are the Others what is the Dharma Initiative.

I'm not going to start this off with a big spiel or anything, but I will start it off with this:

During "Not In Portland" (2 weeks ago), we see the brainwashing of Carl (Alex's boyfriend). The brainwashing is very similar to A Clockwork Orange (which I've not read, so info on that would be good). When that scene is played backwards we hear some interesting things.

See for yourself

This is the kind of thing that makes me love Lost.

Discuss!
gallagher2006
UG Addict
5,853 IQ
I love this show. SOme great things to watch out for on the background too.
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ

Had to get that out of the way.

I lost.

So charlie is going to die eh
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by gallagher2006
I love this show. SOme great things to watch out for on the background too.

Speaking of that:

During last wednesday's episode (the Desmond one), there are a lot of things to be seen in the background of the soccer games. There is an Apollo Bar ad (These candy bars were in the hatch, and were also on the bus that killed Juliette's ex-husband), The Hanso Foundation ad, and I believe a Widmore Corporation ad (Widmore is the company that Penelope's (Desmond's girlfriend) dad owns).
gangsta4life
UG Newbie
111 IQ
It seems as though "only fools are enslaved by time and space"

I love this show!
Cannibal Corpse

Quote by THE JEWISH AFRO
Good Golly Gosh!

nice sig...
str84ever
Banned
1,439 IQ
Hey can you tell me whats happening because it used to be on channel 4 in N ireland until it was moved to Sky 1. Whats happening in season 3?
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

Since when do the writers of Lost tell us something is going to happen that actually happens?

True.

I hate the way the others make out like there all holy, when they blast techno at someone with they eyes wired open

I hope sayid rescues jack.
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ
Yer the valenzetti equation.
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by str84ever
Hey can you tell me whats happening because it used to be on channel 4 in N ireland until it was moved to Sky 1. Whats happening in season 3?

We've learned a lot more about the Others. They have their own nice little houses (a neighborhood even) and book clubs. But then the plane crashed and they sprung into action. Ethan and another guy (whose name escapes me) were sent to go find survivors and make lists. They were sent by Benry (Remember Henry Gale? His real name is Benjamin, a lot of Lost fans call him Benry), he seems to be their leader. Some of the others seem to be held on the island against their will (Juliette). Jack was captured so that he could operate on Benry's spinal tumors, Kate and Sawyer were kept as some experiments, but also as leverage to make Jack operate on Benry. Kate and Sawyer have escaped from the others thanks to Jack.
Quote by fronkpies
True.

I hate the way the others make out like there all holy, when they blast techno at someone with they eyes wired open

I hope sayid rescues jack.

Remember the quote that said "God loves you as he loved Jacob"? We think the name Jacob has more significance than one might think. Earlier this season, someone said "Shepard wasn't even on Jacob's list." I think that list is the one that haid Kate, Sawyer, Hurely and Jack on it (Benry may have added Jack so he could operate on him). I really don't know who Jacob is though. Maybe the guy with the eyepatch.
Last edited by DorkusMalorkus at Feb 17, 2007,
_Mayday_
Banned
1,432 IQ
Fronk, how did I know you were going to post that picture?

Any excuse.
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
We've learned a lot more about the Others. They have their own nice little houses (a neighborhood even) and book clubs. But then the plane crashed and they sprung into action. Ethan and another guy (whose name escapes me) were sent to go find survivors and make lists. They were sent by Benry (Remember Henry Gale? His real name is Benjamin, a lot of Lost fans call him Benry), he seems to be their leader. Some of the others seem to be held on the island against their will (Juliette). Jack was captured so that he could operate on Benry's spinal tumors, Kate and Sawyer were kept as some experiments, but also as leverage to make Jack operate on Benry. Kate and Sawyer have escaped from the others thanks to Jack.
Remember the quote that said "God loves you as he loved Jacob"? We think the name Jacob has more significance than one might think. Earlier this season, someone said "Shepard wasn't even on Jacob's list." I think that list is the one that haid Kate, Sawyer, Hurely and Jack on it (Benry may have added Jack so he could operate on him). I really don't know who Jacob is though. Maybe the guy with the eyepatch.

Are you part of some kind of lost forums?
Whatley2212
ZORRRAKKKK!
509 IQ
Quote by fronkpies

Had to get that out of the way.

I lost.

So charlie is going to die eh

I love you fronkpies.
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by fronkpies
Are you part of some kind of lost forums?

It might seem like it because how I use the word "we," but I'm not really. I've gone to a few, but I've never posted. Only read. I get all my info from one of my TV-addicted friends. She takes notes on Lost. She's a bit of a freak.
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

Omg, I love you Dorkus. I'll watch it now.

And there was a thread awhile ago with me and Logz talking about it, but it died...
str84ever
Banned
1,439 IQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus

thanks
Mistress_Ibanez
994 IQ
Gahhhhhhhhh at 1st post I hate backmasking so much..... creepy as fook but yeah I was gonna ask about what happend since the middle of series 2 as well because it went over to sky and before that i just stopped watching. Will we EVER find out about the numbers?
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Will we EVER find out about the numbers?

The writers/producers/whatever said that it's just something they can't explain and there isn't a main reason about why the numbers are so supernatural.
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ
Quote by Whatley2212
I love you fronkpies.

We both love Evangeline.
Mistress_Ibanez
994 IQ
Quote by Leonheart
The writers/producers/whatever said that it's just something they can't explain and there isn't a main reason about why the numbers are so supernatural.

If they can't explain it why do they get people so excited about thinking they have a meaning? That's just cruel!
Soul Power
Butt-Foam
517 IQ
Me my dad were cracking up for awhile when Juliet's ex-husband was hit by the bus. That was just so unexpected
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by Soul Power
Me my dad were cracking up for awhile when Juliet's ex-husband was hit by the bus. That was just so unexpected

Oh, I saw that one coming from a mile away.

When Juliet said that he had to get hit by a bus before she could leave, I knew he was going to die. And you can see the bus in the scene where he gets hit. When I first saw the bus, I knew he was dead.
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ
I hate Juliet, were all supposed to feel sorry for her because shes "trapped" on the island, even though she said "kill them" about Kate and Sawyer.

And did she expect Jack to not say anything about here wanting to kill ben?
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
When Juliet said that he had to get hit by a bus before she could leave, I knew he was going to die. And you can see the bus in the scene where he gets hit. When I first saw the bus, I knew he was dead.

I didn't realize it until he said he like wouldn't let her go or something and stepped right into the road. Final destination 1 and Nip/Tuck flashed in my eyes and BAM!.
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by fronkpies
I hate Juliet, were all supposed to feel sorry for her because shes "trapped" on the island, even though she said "kill them" about Kate and Sawyer.

And did she expect Jack to not say anything about here wanting to kill ben?

The only character that I really hated was Michael. I'm so glad we haven't seen him or Walt this season.
Mistress_Ibanez
994 IQ
^^ NO michael and walt? what happened to them?? they just..... got forgotten?
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
I miss Hurley's girlfriend. He's like one of my favorite characters and I felt so bad for him when she died.

And yeah Juliet = Bitch. She just wants to use everybody to be the leader of the others and whatnot.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

They probably won't tell us what happened but the others looked like the held up their bargain and they used the boat to get to help somewhere.
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

They were set free, like a caged dove.

Prologue
40 IQ
I love LOST...

"Only fools are enslaved by time and space..." SWEET.
METALLICA.
Mistress_Ibanez
994 IQ
DAmn i need cable tv/enough money for the box set! I feel compelled to read all the little ephisode descriptions on the lost website.

Not that i do that often. Ahem.
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

They were set free. The others made a deal with Michael. Bring us Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley and we'll let you go. He did and they gave him a boat.

That was the last we saw of them.
Quote by Leonheart
I miss Hurley's girlfriend. He's like one of my favorite characters and I felt so bad for him when she died.

And yeah Juliet = Bitch. She just wants to use everybody to be the leader of the others and whatnot.
Yeah, I liked Libby too. I think they had to kill her off though because she was drunk driving in Hawaii. BUT I think we'll be seeing more of her. Remember in Hurley's flashback? Libby was in the same crazy hospital has him, and in one of Desmond's flashbacks she was the one who gave him the boat to sail around the world. I think that story will eventually get resolved.
fronkpies
UG's Dirty Workman
387 IQ
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
DAmn i need cable tv/enough money for the box set! I feel compelled to read all the little ephisode descriptions on the lost website.

You should be able to stream off one of these sites.

http://findthatshow.com
http://www.tv-links.co.uk/
www.peekvid.com

If the video doesn't work try disabling java.
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Lol, they don't say anything extra about the episodes just the main outline of what is trying to happen. I have Comcast Digital Cable btw. And you can see the episodes on www.abc.com if you're behind. I think that's the site anyway.
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
and in one of Desmond's flashbacks she was the one who gave him the boat to sail around the world. I think that story will eventually get resolved.

...She was? I don't remember that hmmm.

But I LOVED the last episode with Desmond. He might be my favorite character.
Guitarist132
sam
1,093 IQ
I wanna see if Michael and Walt actually got away...
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
DorkusMalorkus
Here, Queer, etc.
2,971 IQ
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

http://dynamic.abc.go.com/streaming/landing
Quote by Leonheart
...She was? I don't remember that hmmm.

But I LOVED the last episode with Desmond. He might be my favorite character.

Indeed. She had really ugly hair in that episode too, if I remember correctly.

I'll see if I can find a picture.
Leonheart
Not Bannеd...yet
849 IQ
^Thanks. So how about that last episode? Trippy eh? Kind of had that final destination thing with the preventing death things going on.