I am looking to get a chorus pedal...I have an Epiphone Custom Les Paul and Crate XT120 Amp. I have never had a true chorus pedal before and I would not like to leave $100 area. If anyone has any suggestions please me know, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You
boss?
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
EHX Small Clone, the industry standard. Great pedal.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
+1 for the small clone. personally, i've never been able to get Boss's CH-1 off my board. i just really like it a lot for Cure-ish type chorus (Robert Smith uses the CH-1 too). i just run an Ibanez DE-7 after it with a very light echo to add some more depth to the overall chorus. other choruses i've tried and liked were the Visual Sound H2O, Boss DC-2 (discontinued and a little pricey, but if i could afford one, it'd be the one to knock off the CH-1), Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus, or, if you want a bunch of options, check out Boss's CE-20. it's got 4 user-programmable presets for your favorite choruses, vibratos, etc and models the original CE-2, DC-2, and others.
I got a small clone too and it works great, buy the small clone.
www.myspace.com/slackerfridaysolong
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
I have a Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble and love it. I use it to sparkle up my cleans.

I have also heard good things about the Small Clones, though I have never tried one.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
either a small clone, clone theory (both by electro harmonix) or if you can find one a boss CE-2
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
either a small clone, clone theory (both by electro harmonix) or if you can find one a boss CE-2

steer clear of the newer version of the clone theory--the stereo clone theory, i think it's called. i had one for all of about 3 days before i had to sell it again. it's WAY too noisy to be used effectively. the sound was great, it was just hidden behind walls of oscillating hiss.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
i didnt have the problem on the one i tried, defective unit maybe?/?

could be. i only tried the one. i've heard whispers, though, that a lot of their smaller reissues are pretty noisy. glad yours is working out for you, though!
i didnt buy it, i just tried it out, it was pretty quiet even on high gain. But yah the one bad thing about EHX is sometimes they have QC problems.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
All digitech owns is the worst name in pedals. Never get a digitech, EVER. Id support the small clone, but look around for some smaller companies that make chorus as well.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by HeartInACage
All digitech owns is the worst name in pedals. Never get a digitech, EVER.

that's a little over zealous, don't you think? sure, we can always revert back to the whole "whatever sounds good to you/tone is a subjective topic" thing, but there're a couple digitech pedals that've kicked some ass over the years. a lot of their PDS pedals rocked the house when they first came out. they're still really cool, it's just that the technology has advanced and there's no reason to get a PDS8000 with 4 seconds of sample time when you can get a dd-20 with 23. also, they're not for everyone, but i kinda dig my Digiverb. as far as digital reverb stompboxes go, it's pretty damn cool. the same can be said for the Digidelay. it has a great little niche in the digital delay market.

i'm not a huge fan of their multi-chorus--or any of their modulation pedals for that matter--though. digital multi-mode modulation sounds too sterile to be of any real use to me.