Poll: Which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Marshall MG
20 48%
Similar priced VOX
22 52%
Voters: 42.
Would you go for a Marshall MG because it has marshall on it, or a similar priced VOX because it had VOX on it?

Just interested tbh, market research really .

Peace

Ash
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Honestly, I would think everyone would pick marshall, including me.

Who wouldn't? When you're a noob, you don't much about these types of stuff. So yeah, If i were a noob, probably the MG. *cringes*
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
I went for a VOX. I have a pathfinder 10 because a friend recommended it to me. And it's a good amp.

I used to want an MG cos they're cheap marshalls, but I tried them and they sucked.
If I was a noob, I wouldn't know, and thus I'd ask it to other UG'ers who weren't noobs.
^that too.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i would probably get the Vox...because i would come here and ask which is better then get flamed haha but yeah- thats what i'd do- although i'd find it hard to believe the MG is crap because "it's marshall"
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by AdamDK
I'd get the MG. I have a MG now and love it. MG > VOX
oh dear god
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
when i was a noob i bought marshall mg and i regret it to this day, because i havent bought a new one lol
I've always thought that Vox's looked really cool so I would have gotten one of those.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...
I did exactly that.
Bought an MG for the name on the speaker.
Almost got my laney though. Just another £60. =)
Only half the people here have answered the question correctly. From what i can see the questio is when you knew nothing about amps did you think all Marshalls were the best? and tbh had you even heard of Vox? And i'm' talking a real noob like playing a guitar for about a month.
The Stuff!
Vox because almost any vox will pwn a low end marshall.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
probably the vox, when i was first starting out in the mid-90s i looked at one of marshalls low end SS amps, and i played through it and it sucked. I ended up getting some small tube amp from a pawn shop (keep in mind i didnt know anything about tubes and all that crap at the time, just that the amp sounded a lot better) thats actually the best way to go really, you can get some really cool shit for dirt cheap at pawn shops.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
if i was a newb i would have bought the marshall for the name, but for real, VOX FTW
Gear:
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81/85
Ibanez RG350MP
Fender acoustic (Black)

Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey 6505 212 combo