View poll results: Which is best?
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
29 73%
ESP LTD FX-400
6 15%
ESP LTD Viper 400
5 13%
Voters: 40.
So, I'm looking for a new guitar, and i have a few in mind.

ESP LTD Viper 500

ESP LTD FX-400

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser

I'm just wondering really, which of these guitars would be of the highest quality, the comparison between the two manufacturers being my main interest, as i'm nearer to Soundcontrol, who stock schecters, than anyone who carries ESP or LTD.

And yes, i do want EMGs.

so, have a vote and post a few words if possible, Thanks a lot in advance.
schecter FTW.. i've always liked C-1s, they're nice guitars.... i'm not really a big fan of ESP so schecter gets my vote.
Quote by KissingShadows
All will be extremely poorly made, but I suggest the second.

yeah... ok sure, they all seem to have similar specs, but personally i'd go for the hellraiser.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
The hellraiser is a nice guitar, from what I have seen. I have only played the FR version and I prefered the LTDs I tried, (pretty much every model in the midrange), but all seemed really cheap, but the LTDs at least played well.
To be honest, I dont like EMG's. They lack any variety of tone and are a waste of your guitar when your buying a 400 + guitar...My personal recommendation would be to go for a Gibson, fixed bridge Prestige Ibanez, higher model LTD, or higher model Schecter and put in high gain DiMarzio's or Seymour Duncans, as they will have MUCH better tones...I have 3 guitars with EMG's and (81/85) and they are all different woods, and they all sound 90% the same...but with a guitar like my SG or my Carvin, the tone is just wide open and easy to play around with. (Guitars with EMGs are a 80's Strat, 90's SG, and a custom Carvin). Play around with some other stuff, but if you really like the tone of the EMG's, go for it.
I'd go for the Schecter.

I like ESP, but not those particular models. The Hellraiser looks smexy.

Personal preference , of course. They all have very similar specs, and so will all likely sound the same.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
I say go Schecter due to the fact i like mine, all though it's not a hell raiser. Never played an ESP guitar, have played an ESP bass, but that's irrelevant to any of this.
Guitar Related Products
Schecter Omen-6
Digitech Grunge Distortion Pedal
Peavey Rage-158 15w Amp

Member of Kurt Cobain>shredding club P.M. eldanny to join.
Normally I'm a pretty solid ESP supporter, but I've never cared for either of those models.

However, I would try them anyway, because you may not like the neck on the Schecter.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
The hellraiser. Through my experience, the only LTD's I have played that were better than it were artists sigs and LTD's from the deluxe series. So unless you wanna head up to that level, get the hellraiser. But do try it out first.
Go get your shovel.
cool, im gonna see if i can try them all out later in the week. probably will involve a few hours in the car, but im used to that seeing as i live in the middle of nowhere.....thanks a lot everyone.
Not a fan of any of those gutiars. But I put the viper just because.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Get whatever you want, most of them will play very similar since they have thicker necks. They all will have the same quality since it is the same parent company after all.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
I'd go for the FX-400 , a natural wood explorer tells you that the guitarist playing it has excellent taste and he's a pro.
Orange Enthousiast.
God damn you folks across the pond pay out the ass for guitars! That's unbelievable, I'd just boycott the entire market out of spite and play the keyboard or somethin'.

If you can find one, I'd go for one of these beauties -> http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe_ec.html

Set thru, EMG's, mahogany and it runs about $900 USD, making it six billion GBP.
Last edited by pub hero at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by pub hero
God damn you folks across the pond pay out the ass for guitars! That's unbelievable, I'd just boycott the entire market out of spite and play the keyboard or somethin'.

If you can find one, I'd go for one of these beauties -> http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_deluxe_ec.html

Set thru, EMG's, mahogany and it runs about $900 USD, making it six billion GBP.

yeah...they're about £700...which is ridiculous...damn high cost of living and V.A.T...
i think that u really love emgs....
id go with the viper or the hellraiser.
the fx is pretty new and no feedback on it
Schecter Daimen FR Special
Guitar Rig 3
All really good guitars, but I would go for the Schecter since it's neck through and it has a nicer finish.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
i've played the standard C-1 Hellraiser, not the FR, but it has an OFR, so nothing to worry about, but the string-thru one was comfortable to play, was very light, i've also played the seven string version if you're into those, was amazing how light it was , like a feather (not exaggerating, it was very light) it sounds great, looks great, plays great, what more could you want? although i do like the second LTD alot also