Hi all,
I am curious about some of the players preferences here when it comes to a practice setting. Do you ordinarily sit while practicing(maybe a stupid question), and if so, do you wear a guitar strap while sitting? Personally, I'm finding it a bit difficult to practice while sitting, without a strap, due to the...er extra padding I'm getting in the midsection(if you know what I mean). It's kinda like playing an electric guitar back-to-back with an Ovation roundback
I try to...just so I'm used to it if I need to play whatever I'm doing on stage...it's good practise.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
I practice while sitting with a strap. No reason really, I am just too lazy to put the strap on and off, so I just leave it on. lol
I think it's a tad bit easier to play while sitting but for the last couple months I practice with a strap that way the first time you put on a strap if wont freak me out and have it way up instead on lower...if that made sense.
a strap? one that goes on? so you mean a strap on? how dare you if i could...

*mutters words which are indistinguishable*

Last edited by sunnysayshi at Feb 17, 2007,
i try n split my practicing sitting and standing. that way when im playin on stage ive got a really good feel for playing standing which is what ill be doing most of the time
My guitar's shape doesn't really lend itself to playing while sitting, so I pretty much have to stand. I prefer it anyway - allows for greater mobility.
Jackson JS30KE
Roland Cube 30
Yeah, I do.

I'm really just too lazy to take it off. I'm... pretty damn skinny, and I wear my guitar low, so that strap is usually much too loose to really work sitting down and it just slides down and chills behind my back. But it's attatched, which is what I think you were asking.
I don't, I find it pointless to have a strap on while sitting, only time I do have it on is if I was standing before hand and had a strap on.
The strap always gets in the way and falls off if I have it on my guitar while sitting. But I usually do practise standing with a strap, playing while sitting and standing are quite a bit different, so it's good practise, who knows when you will need to stand next
always standing, so when we play any songs by The Vines he becomes scared that i'm gonna jump into his drum set in heavy bits, also the reason why he is scared to let me need his soon to be pearl drum set
Quote by MrCarrot
If you want to turn them into humbuckers, I recommend magic.

Although, I don't advise it.
I usually do.
If I'm on my futon with like a 45 degree slant to the back, I don't want it slipping off me. I wear my strap all the time. Plus I think it looks very nice on my guitar.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
the strap gets in my way if i sit down without it on.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
My strap buttons have actually broken, so I don't even have a strap. The guitar usually fits nicely in my crotch area.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
i do. It seems that I can go up and down the neck a little quicker if the strap supports the wieght some instead of me just holding it. If that makes sense.
I usually practice sitting down. But sometimes I like to stand up and play, and I quite often walk around the house and play .
I never take the strap off my guitar, even my acoustic so...yeah even when sitting I have the strap hanging around my shoulders. Plus...I have this fear of my instruments hitting the deck after my brother dropped my bass o.o
I use to, but my strap sucks and the screws ripped apart the screw holes in my guitar, so the screw on the bottem doesn't stay in anymore... anyone know how to fix this?
Quote by Dobzilla
I usually practice sitting down. But sometimes I like to stand up and play, and I quite often walk around the house and play .

Exactly the same with me. Ever since I got my wireless I can't stop moving.
I don't even own a strap yet, so no.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
really i only wear it in case my pride and joy slips off to meet its doom. however i find it beneficial to adjust my stap so that when i stand up , my guitar is in as close as possible the same position as it was when i was sitting comfortably. this lessens the "shock" of suddenly finding it more difficult to play things if the guitar is hanging round your knees
when I play my flying V i keep my strap on when i sit down, but when I play my Ibanez I generally don't wear the strap.
The main reason i wear my strap when i play my V guitar is that it slips off my knee (lol the most common reason).
I usually use straps when sitting down, and use them up tight. When Im standing I have them kinda low. With my Rhandy Rhoads V shape, its so damn uncomfortable sitting down and using a strap, I have to put it between my legs without a strap. Ima have to start taking classical guitar in the summer, im going to hate it so much =/