I played an electric guitar once. I rocked the house. When I bent the strings, I was scared to do a full step bend cause it wasn't my guitar and I don't know how much bending a string can take before it breaks. I did the full bends, but it took so much bending that my finger was resting on the 5th string when I bent the 3rd.

So my question is "Am I okay bending other people's strings up by a full step, or should I get some money ready to buy them a new string? How much can an electric guitar string take?"

thanks
I will pick you up and throw you!
depends on the string gauge, qualitiy and age.
i just tried it out and i bent 3rd string at 7th fret for 2 full steps without breaking it. i use .010 btw. so, your gonna be ok about one step.
and a new string is like, what? 1,50$?
Ibanez K7
JCM 800
well, when i'm playing in drop d, i bend the string like 3 steps and everything is fine, and i bend the rest of the string in standard tuning a whole step and i'f i'm lucky 2 or 2 and a half
Quote by Mr.42
I played an electric guitar once. I rocked the house. When I bent the strings, I was scared to do a full step bend cause it wasn't my guitar and I don't know how much bending a string can take before it breaks. I did the full bends, but it took so much bending that my finger was resting on the 5th string when I bent the 3rd.

So my question is "Am I okay bending other people's strings up by a full step, or should I get some money ready to buy them a new string? How much can an electric guitar string take?"

thanks

it can take alot dont be scared of it snapping
as long as it isnt too tight you should be fine
I nearly bent the first string on the 7th fret to inbetween where the 4th and 5th string sat. But like a guy said, it all depends on quality and age of the strings, I guess the best advice one can give though is that you should always carry around an extra pack of strings with you whether you are playing your guitar or a friends.
You shouldn't worry too much.
Unless it's an old, dirty string, it probably won't snap.
Quote by Hovertruck
You guys are forgetting the most important part of sounding like Alexi.
Yao Yao
i can bend 5 half steps. you'll be fine, unless the strings are decades old or something.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Alright, cool. That's good to know. Thanks a bunch.
I will pick you up and throw you!
i can bend 5 half steps. you'll be fine, unless the strings are decades old or something

Wow, how wide is your neck?

[Edit] Just read that PROPERLY...thought it said 5 AND a half steps I do 2 1/2 step bends all the time, they're great fun.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com