So ive just come to play the guitar I customised not long ago. Just put in some new EB strings. Tuned up.... and then it goes wrong. When I bend a string it almost instantly goes out of tune.

ANybody got any ideas how to fix this and whats wrong?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Did you stretch the strings when you put them on? If yes, then is your nut sticking (assuming you don't have a locking nut) and trapping the strings?

Failing that........errr.......no idea.
[
Shall i try putting some graphite in the nut?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

if you stretched them already, your guitar might not be strong enough to hold them tight. When I made a guitar, i used a pine wood for the body. (pine is very soft) so the string pressure pulled on the bridge (trem.) and lifted it slightly. The more I re-tuned the more it got worse.

Maybe your guitars the problem.
The graphite didnt seem to work. The more I bend the more out of tune it goes.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Did you stretch the strings? What kind of bridge do you have? How many times did you wrap the string around the post?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I stretched the strings yes, its on my strat copy so its a strat style trem, its a locking tuner and around 2-3 turns.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Try tightening those screws on the tuning machine, on the part that you turn on the outside there is a screw that adjusts how easy or hard that is to turn...