Hey, I have a PRS SE Custom (still with stock pups), a Vox AD50VT and a Line6 Uber Metal pedal. Does anyone have any advice on how to get a BFMV-esque tone with the gear stated? Any help is much appreciated.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
^Dude, shut up.

You're better off looking in the settings thread.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by sk8erguy171
oh man, prepare to get seriously flamed emo boy
BFMV arent emo and 'emo boy's' dont ACTUALLY exist because 'emo' is MUSIC
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Turn youre gain all the way up on everything and make it sound as shitty as possible. No seriously though i like a couple of BFMV tunes. I would say juts expiriment. Use a lot of gain and treb but not too much bass. We cant tell you over the internet how specific settings will sound unless we have the same gear and test it out ourselves
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by sk8erguy171
oh man, prepare to get seriously flamed emo boy

Wtf, BFMV is NOT emo, where the hell are you from?
Use the standard scooped setting.
That's what all the metal bands are doing now-a-days.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

yeah BFMV sound pretty scooped tone wise, I say get a scooped sound and work from there.
Last edited by fendabenda at Feb 17, 2007,
Ok off the top of my head im gonna say. Bass 7 Mids 1 or 2 Treble about 9 Prsence kind a high to probably about 5. The problem is you lack the gain ability as they use 5150s so you just wont have the gain to get to their tone
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
Ok off the top of my head im gonna say. Bass 7 Mids 1 or 2 Treble about 9 Prsence kind a high to probably about 5. The problem is you lack the gain ability as they use 5150s so you just wont have the gain to get to their tone

Actually they've got Triple Rectifier and some Fender Twin Reverb thingie for cleans....

atleast that's what padge used i believe
Thanks everyone. I'll check the settings thread and see if there's anything there, but I'll try out some of the stuff here.
Quote by bjoern_swe
my mom found me sitting in the kitchen, eating Corn Flakes from the floor. when she asked me what I was doing, I just roared at her and ran up to my room.

George Foreman Grill Appreciation Society
oh its just the same "tone" every band has these days

emg's in mahog through 5150s, mesas or just gainy amps

no tone what so ever
Your all right in a way, They use both 5150's, Mesa Recs and the lead guitar bloke uses a Fender cyber twin for all the clean stuff
Quote by davedoom
oh its just the same "tone" every band has these days

emg's in mahog through 5150s, mesas or just gainy amps

no tone what so ever

ok well i got th EMGs thru mohagany, now MT2 settings? thats what im looking for.
if you have an mt2, it will drain so much tone, you wouldnt even notice havin emg's
Quote by davedoom
if you have an mt2, it will drain so much tone, you wouldnt even notice havin emg's

I do have EMGs, and there is still tone. and yes its modded. So once again, what would be the setiings on the MT2 for B4MV?
****in play with it. Jeez. How are you going to learn how to work your gear if you dont try for yourself?
if i gave you settings that made you sound exactly like them, then OF COURSE you would play like them instantly!?

why?

do just a small amount of stuff for yourself for a change, look on the settings thread
The MT2 is the wrong pedal, end of. You're looking for a moderate gain, midrangey crunchy rhythm sound - the MT2 can't do it, all it does if thin and fizzy.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com