basically, im really bored with my shitty and very very cheap guitar, and i started making it a bit more interestesting, and personal, by painting different parts of it. well, i was wondering if it would be feasable to paint my pickup covers, without it affectig the sound to dramatically. anyone else done this? and if so, what sortof paint should i use?
cheers!
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Shut up. Actually, higher mods...can we ban him for being a cunt?
Yeah, keep it plugged in while your doing it too. Maybe stick your head in the microwave too. Hot Pocket!
Quote by guitarjunky89
Yeah, keep it plugged in while your doing it too. Maybe stick your head in the microwave too. Hot Pocket!

is that a joke i dont get? or are you just hungry? cos i sure as hell am
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
hot pockets are minging!
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
If your going to paint and want it to stick, lightly scuff the top layer with a fine sandpaper.

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
Quote by Lordoflax
If your going to paint and want it to stick, lightly scuff the top layer with a fine sandpaper.

now thats the kind of advice i want! u reckon normal houshold paint would be ok to use? cos i got a few test-pots of diff coulurs lying around
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Quote by DTOE
now thats the kind of advice i want! u reckon normal houshold paint would be ok to use? cos i got a few test-pots of diff coulurs lying around

I don't know what i'm talking about, but it might be some help... lol

It should be okay to use, reckon you know how to use it, and it's the colour you want. But spraypaint would be easier, just go to your local Canadian Tire or something and buy a small can of spraypaint, they come in pretty much any colour anyways so you would have quite a few options. I think though, someone correct me if i'm wrong, that if you don't quite know how to brush on household paint on thin enough etc, it can leave lines, and drips, that's why spraypaint would probably be easier. It would just save you alot of time.
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by AthenasGhost
I don't know what i'm talking about, but it might be some help... lol

It should be okay to use, reckon you know how to use it, and it's the colour you want. But spraypaint would be easier, just go to your local Canadian Tire or something and buy a small can of spraypaint, they come in pretty much any colour anyways so you would have quite a few options. I think though, someone correct me if i'm wrong, that if you don't quite know how to brush on household paint on thin enough etc, it can leave lines, and drips, that's why spraypaint would probably be easier. It would just save you alot of time.

yeah i think thats probably the smartest move to do, cos i already painted the electrics covring plate thingy, and i had to use like 3 coats to get rid of all the brush lines. thanks for your help!
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Quote by DTOE
yeah i think thats probably the smartest move to do, cos i already painted the electrics covring plate thingy, and i had to use like 3 coats to get rid of all the brush lines. thanks for your help!

Your welcome, and good luck with your project! Oh man this makes me wanna paint my pickup covers on my strat But my parents wouldn't let me lol

Oh, and I guess you probably know this too, but don't lay on thick coats of spray paint, lay on one, look at it, see how it looks, add another, but just put thin ones on at a time, don't lay a bunch of thick coats on

Good luck
Quote by AthenasGhost
Your welcome, and good luck with your project! Oh man this makes me wanna paint my pickup covers on my strat But my parents wouldn't let me lol

Oh, and I guess you probably know this too, but don't lay on thick coats of spray paint, lay on one, look at it, see how it looks, add another, but just put thin ones on at a time, don't lay a bunch of thick coats on

Good luck

cheers, ill probably screw it up at least once, but hey, its a cheap guitar! when i get it all done, i might be arsed to post some pics on UG...anyway, thanks for being so helpfull
MARK ALL THAT APPLY:

[_] [_] [_] [_] [x]

Quote by cagnius
Quote by DTOE
cheers, ill probably screw it up at least once, but hey, its a cheap guitar! when i get it all done, i might be arsed to post some pics on UG...anyway, thanks for being so helpfull

Cheers,

Hey, you know, if you screw it up, use paint thinner and/or sandpaper to get the paint off and give it another shot Post pics when your done