heres what Maynard James Keenan Says:

Been catching up on the Minimum Wage Increase pros and cons babble coming out of my chosen home state of Arizona. Most of the arguments against have to do with the supposedly inevitable back lash of corner cutting done by small business owners. The first items to go will be Health Insurance. Now before I get rolling here, keep in mind, I’m no expert on the issue of Healthcare or the Minimum Wage. I’m just a big mouth with a blog. Having said that… I have no opinion whatsoever regarding the minimum wage. For my level of understanding, it’s far too complex an issue on which to comment. However, on the matter of health care, and this doesn’t have anything to do with the elderly, people with terminal diseases, congenital disorders, etc… Here is my 2 cents. Most of us don’t deserve basic healthcare. We are a nation of lazy, barely educated dip shits shoving fast food, diet cokes, red bulls, and funyuns down the old face hole while chain smoking. Then we run to the doctor after every little sniffle and he gives us some new and improved super antibiotics we don’t actually need. If that pretty much sums up your cycle, you can stop wondering why you get sick all the time. You lack sound mind and sound body. Basically you’re an idiot. Insurance companies and small business owners would save billions per year if they made balanced diets and physical exercise a prerequisite for basic health care. You know. Eat something green now and then. No, I don’t mean Gummi Hulks with Jalapeno Doritos with a St. Patty’s day green beer chaser. And I’m not suggesting you turn into Jack ****in Lalane either. Just go for a damn walk now and then. If you’re lethargic and have a shit diet then you should have a matching shitty health care plan. One that provides you with nothing more than caffeine laced fried sugar pills, and a one-way ticket to the tar pits so you can become a fossil fuel source for future generations.

i found that amusing. discuss
Too cool for a signature.
It's amusing I guess. Is this guy well known or famous, or are you just posting some random guy's blog in the pit? It isn't the worst idea I've ever heard either, but implimenting it and regulating it would be impossible. Taking care of yourself shouldn't be legally manditory; anyone with an IQ over 60 probably wants to be healthy. Or whatever, I care enough about myself to take care of myself.

edit: the singer from tool, guess that makes it semi-relavent
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
yeah, mjk is god. anyways, i think he has an interesting point. perhaps rewards based healthcare?
Isn't that the guy in Tool?

Pretty smart dude. I'm not really one for Tool, but they're interesting, nonetheless.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by chrisatgrace
yeah, mjk is god. anyways, i think he has an interesting point. perhaps rewards based healthcare?

you're onto something! we'll call it ... "private health care". good work, you've cracked the case.
#DTWD
i meant on a govermant basis, like replacing medicare and those types of shitty programs that cheat hospitals
you can't just deny people health care though. on a government level, what good is it going to do to increase insurance costs for smokers or people that eat lots of fast food, etc.? they're not paying for it anyway, just more money out of the taxpayers. if it's private though then your idea works, if i'm understanding it correctly. make those who live unhealthily pay more for insurance as a way of discouraging that lifestyle. you're not going to change anyone's mind unless you go after their wallet.
#DTWD
i meant on the goverment scale, to give people with on healthy habits less medicade and such
Quote by primusfan
you're onto something! we'll call it ... "private health care". good work, you've cracked the case.

Good call, though i think they differ slightly - not much though. What...the singer guy was talking about sounded like free healthcare like Canada has (sort of) for everyone, and the level you recieve depends on your diet and exercise. Now I'm just being repetative.

I think everyone deserves free(ish) healthcare, but that's not to say they should abuse themselves just because there are no monetary repercussions.

Quote by primusfan
you're not going to change anyone's mind unless you go after their wallet.

Disgusting but true
And Eternity in an hour
why? i think americans spend too much time "deserving" free this and that, which is the reason we have so many problems.
The problem arises in emergency situations.

they treat you the same as if there was free healthcare, it's just that you spend the rest of your life paying back the bank.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
He definitely brings up some good points, I haven't really thought about it that way before.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Quote by LadyHellraiser
MJK is absolutely right. In Jersey, people were a little bit healthier than they are here in upstate new york, but as a country, we are getting fatter and fatter. it seems like noone is trying to do anything about it either, which is downright disgusting, imo

City planning would take care of that. People drive because it's easier. make it easier for people to walk and they will.
Quote by chrisatgrace
why? i think americans spend too much time "deserving" free this and that, which is the reason we have so many problems.

That's an interesting point, but it's also a huge generalization. Not everyone feels they deserve free things, and also, and can't be the main reason America has so many 'problems'.

On one hand you only get to live once so you may as well enjoy yourself (drive everywhere, eat food you enjoy, etc), but that's a fairly selfish point of view. Being a responsible citizen of this planet (forget about countries) is easy, helpful, healthy, enjoyable, and rewarding.
And Eternity in an hour
Quote by chrisatgrace
among people of our generation, "deserving" is very common/.

Alright, list me things you feel you deserve as firstly a citizen of America, and then as one of Earth.
And Eternity in an hour
those things that are out lined by the constitution for america, and a clean place to live as far as the earth.
Okay, what about the charter of human rights and freedoms?

Your views on 'the right the bear arms'?

What do you think people of our generation (your words, not mine - i don't know how old you are) unjustaifably think they deserve?
And Eternity in an hour
respect, money, free shit from their parents. that type of thing.
Well, respect and money are earned, not given freely. Things from your parents: children deserve the basic necessities of life from their parents, and shouldn't recieve abuse or neglect from them.

You didn't answer my other two questions?
And Eternity in an hour
i can see that MJK has never been seriously ill and without health insurance or a way to pay for medical services, spoiled bitch.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
mmm right. And I suppose the ones who don't have high paying jobs should just, get a better one, right?
that is the general idea of adult life, yes, you are correct./