Okay, I've grown tired of random wanking with various scales, and would prefer to use the random wanking to connect riffs that I like that would fit the song, unfourtunatly the riffs and licks are usually in the wrong key, so how do you transpose, lets say using tab. So like this riff in the key of E.


when changed to key of c would be


Is this the proper method? Basically just to slide it up like it was the extension of a bar chord?

Let's say I wanted to transpose the intro lick to purple haze, its already based fairly high up the fret board, so I might have to slide the lick down to avoid shooting into other octives, right?