I've heard that you can cover your pedal board in carpet and then put velcro on the pedals to make them stay, I was wondering if it had to be any certain kind of carpet or would any kind work.
www.myspace.com/slackerfridaysolong
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
yeah, it works. make sure you get the hook end of the velcro, though.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
craft stores- hobby lobby, michael's, joanns, etc.

hardware stores sometimes have it too.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
you could just put the velcro on both the pedal board and the pedal instead of spending extra money on carpet
carpet's cheaper than large amounts of velcro. trust me.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
I was asking because I already have the carpet, so I don't have to spend more money on carpet.
www.myspace.com/slackerfridaysolong
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Attaching velcro (the "carpet" side of it anyway) becomes an issue if you're constantly expanding and re-arranging your gear. I use carpet on all boards unless someone specifically requests laminate...it comes down to preference. Unless it's a really tight weave, the carpet will eventually wear enough that it will not hold the hook side of the velcro though. But this only happens after attaching and pulling off pedals many many times. All in all, it's just cheaper to replace the carpet than it is velcro, and the hook side that's attached to the pedals never wears out. I bought the industrial strength velcro because the glue makes a very solid attachment to the pedals, it grips the carpet well (almost too well), and after 6 years on my TS-9, the glue that's holding the velcro on has yet to fail.