Page 1 of 2
Has anyone heard of A Plea For Purging? They're kinda new (a couple of years old), and they just released their second CD. Their guitarists are great, and so is their drummer.

EDIT: They have a MySpace: www.myspace.com/apleaforpurging
Last edited by Holy Katana at Feb 17, 2007,
dude I love them slaying the serpetine dragon is such a great song they're amazing I love almost all of the local nashville bands like alcina, the gunpowder treason, hollywood, sophia, and alert the sky
Quote by camcraka911
dude I love them slaying the serpetine dragon is such a great song they're amazing I love almost all of the local nashville bands like alcina, the gunpowder treason, hollywood, sophia, and alert the sky

I like Alcina, but Sophia and Alert The Sky are kinda meh. Have you heard of Get Your Guns?
Quote by Holy Katana
I like Alcina, but Sophia and Alert The Sky are kinda meh. Have you heard of Get Your Guns?

My band has played with all these bands except Get Your Guns, we were supposed to but we had another show that night. Sophia are really big deuchebags, we booked a show with A Plea For Purging and Alert The Sky and Sophia asked us to get on it and said they would do it for like $35-40 then kept asking for more money and put gum on our speakers and kept almost breaking stuff. We played with Alcina last month and they were better live than on their myspace. Murfeesboro definately has the metalcore scene going for them.

Anyway I really liked APFP old vocalist who was on their first EP, the new guy kind of sucks in my opinion. Those guys and Alert The Sky are by far the nicest bands we have ever worked with, their bassist may be a huge bearded man but he is so nice.
Quote by Holy Katana

I saw Get Your Guns once when they played before Haste The Day and they just were rather boring and I don't like their screamer very much
Quote by waldorphPRS41
My band has played with all these bands except Get Your Guns, we were supposed to but we had another show that night. Sophia are really big deuchebags, we booked a show with A Plea For Purging and Alert The Sky and Sophia asked us to get on it and said they would do it for like $35-40 then kept asking for more money and put gum on our speakers and kept almost breaking stuff. We played with Alcina last month and they were better live than on their myspace. Murfeesboro definately has the metalcore scene going for them.

Anyway I really liked APFP old vocalist who was on their first EP, the new guy kind of sucks in my opinion. Those guys and Alert The Sky are by far the nicest bands we have ever worked with, their bassist may be a huge bearded man but he is so nice.

Yeah, he's not that good, although he's a nice guy.
I'll be seeing these guys along with With Blood Comes Cleansing.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
They are dope live. The guitarist do this one thing where they capo the guitar on like the 2nd fret with their right hand and just finger tap with their left hand, its great.
I've heard of get your Guns, I like them. A plea for Purging is amazing so is Alcina. A plea for purging is amazing live too.
Last edited by Nickleback1192 at Jun 20, 2007,
haha i saw them live in august, i didnt even know who they were, and i dont like hardcore or metalcore really, but these guys were ****in sweet, and they were cool guys, their bass player is cool as hell, and their guitarists are good, and the best part is, it was a really local show, it was only 5 bucks to get in, and unfortuneately, they wre the only good band there

They just got signed, its a good thing too because they are super nice guys. I saw them last week with only 20 people and they were still as happy as ever.
Saw these dudes along with With Blood Comes Cleansing. Afterwards, we all headed to Taco Bell and chilled for about 2 hours with them and the guys from With Blood Comes Cleansing. All of them are probably the nicest people you will ever meet. Insane guitarists too.
Quote by LPIndin
our rythym guitarist made up the best rap ever. makes fun of the "milkshake song"

my breakdowns bring all the crews to the pit
and theyre like, "lets dance to this ****!"
damn right, we dance to this ****
I 2 step, windmill and spinkick.
POOJOHN! What a beast.

I'm really happy with the hardcore bands in Nashville. There all pretty great. The best concert I've been too so far is the Get Your Guns/A Plea For Purging CD release show. It was tits. Those bands have some serious talent.
Rhythm Harmony Melody
Last edited by SOCOOLITHURTS at Apr 1, 2007,
i want the bass tabs for "slaying of the serpentine dragon" | and i started a topic about this exact same band. Just show's their awesomeness.
WE are Betrayers of perfection

Member of the Bass Militia. PM Dinkydaisy to join

Once a king of roses in a kingdom of Gold

Gear | Guitar
  • ESP F-50
  • AXL Jacknife mayhem

Amp
Randall RX120RHS 120W 4x12 Half Stack
Quote by waldorphPRS41

They just got signed, its a good thing too because they are super nice guys. I saw them last week with only 20 people and they were still as happy as ever.

haha, blue skys and tough guys, thats gnarley
they just got signed. wich is a good thing cuz my band is opening up for them in about a month
can someone tab out Slaying of the serpintine dragon for guitar. i've been trying to learn it but its kinda hard i know its taping in the begining at least. Anyone going to see Poisin the well with Fear Before the march of flames and heavy heavy low low its gana be insane
My old band played with these guys. Great band, good live performance, and like everyone else has said.. very nice dudes. We chilled and ate with them for about an hour afterwards.
They just did a show in my town with once nothing and gwen stacy but i missed it because my dads an arse.
Quote by Bob_Dylan108
I like chocolate like my women, Brown and with nuts.
They're playing thursday with Once Nothing and Gwen stacy and a smaller local band in Dayton, OH that I'm probly going to. Can't wait to see once nothing.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Someone should tab the song "Reptutation" on the album Depravity. There is a lead about a minute in it that is so melodic in its own, but then they harmonize it and its pure sex.
Dude Andy (the vocalist for APFP) is the funniest guy in the world! If you ever get the chance to talk to him, I recommend doing so.
Dude, my band was lucky enough to play with them, Impending Doom, Oh Sleeper and The Great Commission in November. They're a great band and super cool guys. Andy even helped us set our stuff up.
No! You pooped your pants and now we all have to leave!
I ate McDonald's with Andy while I was on tour a few months ago. Pretty cool dude, hates a lot of the same stuff as me.
last.fm | Rush Hour | Dead Format
Quote by HxC73107
pray for plagues or off the heezay by bring me the horizon both great songs specially when ur at a pit at trhe reall show
Saw these guys a month ago; amazing show. I was kind of disappointed in the lack of old songs, however. Great band.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
I know the members of this band pretty well. They are best friends with the owners of our local (now closed) venue, The Brothers Pizza. They actually came to watch shows there occasionally during their down time. They're some very nice guys and always manage to make a situation funny. Good musicians too. Depravity is a big step up musically from the previous album.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
I wouldn't call them generic....
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Quote by MustangMan311
Just because they tune lower than other generic Christian metalcore bands doesn't make them not generic.

Obviously....

Why would you consider them generic?
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Quote by Veil Of Osiris
Obviously....

Why would you consider them generic?

I don't really know how to explain it. Every time I listen to them I feel like I've heard it before. It's the same effect I get from As I Lay Dying.

It's not a bad thing, though. I enjoy them.
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
I don't really know how to explain it. Every time I listen to them I feel like I've heard it before. It's the same effect I get from As I Lay Dying.

It's not a bad thing, though. I enjoy them.

Eh, guess we will just agree to disagree.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
I don't really know how to explain it. Every time I listen to them I feel like I've heard it before. It's the same effect I get from As I Lay Dying

A Critique of Mind and Thought or whatever its called sounds exactly like As I Lay Dying. Depravity varies things a little more. They still aren't exactly innovating though.
Quote by PiNk_ThE_pUnK
It's way too sunny and warm here today to listen to black metal, I shall bookmark it and come back when the weather is worse.
I'm going to give these guys a bump because they put a song from their new album on their myspace and these are some cool cats. I'm not sure what I think about it yet, but it sounds pretty good. Check it out...
www.myspace.com/apleaforpurging
Page 1 of 2