i have no idea what to do...for about a year and a half ive been practicing on my own and i had one lesson about 3 months ago cuz i got worried i might have developed some bad habits but he said none and he wasnt the greatest teacher so went bak to self teaching myself but for about a month now i feel like ive hit a big wall...i know my blues scale, major scale, pentatonic (all over the neck)...i have no idea what to practice or how to improve...any suggestions?
the best way is to not make duplicate threads in different forums
Schecter C-1+
Fender FM212R
Boss MD-2
A shitload of other pedals I never use.

Quote by Nelsean
I swallowed a marble when I was 8. I pooped it out in the same day too.

Quote by stringmagician
Only funny thing in this whole thread.
have fun, you'll feel like you're making progress, even if you aren't. you'll get better though, and have more fun doing it.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
the best way is to not make duplicate threads in different forums
i get more answers that way =)
Quote by wuddup92
i get more answers that way =)

That may be so but is it necessary to just make a bunch of people mad for no reason?
use less ?'s and !'s

should help you out.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
I also posted in your other topic, but you should try something really challenging.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
hey just play guitar. dont just know the scales, be able to play them to anything. Ive noticed i improve a lot by just taking out my guitar and making riffs up on the scales i know, or using them to jam on other songs. You'll really notice improvements if you just jam and let the music come out of you.
Quote by I'm_Guitarded
yea, but perhaps this was meant to be...
there could be a handful of stoners somewhere in Jersey that are on the verge of creating a new metal...a new thrash metal...

...or were all screwed =]

Deluxe Ash Strat MIA '96+DynatouchIII Deluxe900
Sure man! Just expand your horizons, learn more scales, and also arpeggios!

I would reccomend Harmonic Mirors, Melodic minors, Aeolians, etc. Just look at the scales, and play throught the first octave and find some that you like. Here is a good site for scales:looknohands.com

Also, just don't give up! We all hit ruts every once in a while. As long as you have the drive, you will get out of the ruts! And after a while you'll stop hitting them (or at least I did) ROCK ON!
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Quote by pinky_demon
shut the F*** up! just quite playing

Where you telling him to quit playing!?
"I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results.” ~ Johann Sebastian Bach
Quote by pinky_demon
shut the F*** up! just quite playing

that's spam. reported.

and posting the same thread in multiple forums is against the rules, that's why it's bad.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
No i meant quit playing for a little bit, i didnt feel like typing the rest. If he quits for a little (like two days or something) when he plays again he will probably do really good.
Quote by tubab0y
that's spam. reported.

and posting the same thread in multiple forums is against the rules, that's why it's bad.

And a little bit annoying.
it's still reported, and if you're too lazy to type out the whole thing, you shouldn't be trying to answer.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by pinky_demon
No i meant quit playing for a little bit, i didnt feel like typing the rest. If he quits for a little (like two days or something) when he plays again he will probably do really good.

Stopping for a few days may re-fuel his creative engine, but I think that playing relentlessly will help more.
Quote by tubab0y
it's still reported, and if you're too lazy to type out the whole thing, you shouldn't be trying to answer.

suck up...I reported you again to!
Why argue about stupid stuff? This thread was meant to help this guy, not report everyone.

Now let's help this guy and quit fighting.
ok, a real answer:

just go find some songs and REALLY get you going.

the kinda stuff that makes you want to punch a baby in the face

example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nCsE1FnlwnA

i looooooooooove that song. i just learned to play it all the way threw and it just makes me wanna learn more and more each time i play it.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
you're the one that gets in trouble if you report something that shouldn't be reported. i wasn't trying to be mean, it's just that you weren't being specific enough to be helpful.

why did i get reported?

oh, and TS, sorry we hijacked your thread.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by Gundamnitpete
ok, a real answer:

example:

i looooooooooove that song. i just learned to play it all the way threw and it just makes me wanna learn more and more each time i play it.

This guy has a point. Learning other people's songs gives you an idea of what they do, and you may want to try it for yourself.
Quote by Gundamnitpete
ok, a real answer:

example:

i think i said something like that too, way back at the beginning. i definitely have different musical tastes than you, though.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
most of SRV's stuff is fun to play. look into some new artists, too. always helps. joe satriani, steve vai, paul gilbert would all be good.

i sound like G3.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by wuddup92
i need some stuff to learn then...i have to say my favorite guitarists have to be slash, john frusciante, jimmy page, and SRV, to give you some background...thanx for all the help btw

Slash - Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City.
Jimmy Page - Stairway to heaven, Black Dog, Misty Mountain Hop.
Quote by tubab0y
i think i said something like that too, way back at the beginning. i definitely have different musical tastes than you, though.

haha, to a deaf man, the poeple dancing to any music look like a bunch of fools

but i'm glad you see what i'm saying, just find a song that REALLY gets you moving.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Quote by tubab0y
most of SRV's stuff is fun to play. look into some new artists, too. always helps. joe satriani, steve vai, paul gilbert would all be good.

i sound like G3.

Yngwie Malmsteen has some AMAZING leads too!
(Also on G3)

G3 kicks major ass dude!
yeah, but malmsteen is a bit tougher.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
yeah, but malmsteen is a bit tougher.

Oh, of course.
just keep playing, eventually you'll develop the skills you need, unless you just don't have the talent, then that's a different story.

After you do that, learn some theory and you should be decent.
Gear:
Washburn X10
Yamaha EG 112
Crate VTX30
Yamaha GA-10
Quote by pinky_demon
suck up...I reported you again to!

he didnt do anything, whyd you report him?

and ts work on some of the songs that you dont know by those guitarists that you like
gear:
fender mim telecaster w/ some extra stuff
Vox Ad50vt
Vox V847 Wah
Boss OS-2
Keeley Boss DS-1 Ultra
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
MXR Phase 90
Boss CH-1