do you ever find it difficult to play along to guitar pro or power tab when you download a song, but you can play it perfectly without it? It is so ****ing frustrating. Its pissing me the **** off. Will it go away with time, the inability to play along to it? And do you think this will be bad if i want to be in a band or something? It isnt playing in time in general, just to friggin guitar pro and power tab
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
do you ever find it difficult to play along to guitar pro or power tab when you download a song, but you can play it perfectly without it? It is so ****ing frustrating. Its pissing me the **** off. Will it go away with time, the inability to play along to it? And do you think this will be bad if i want to be in a band or something? It isnt playing in time in general, just to friggin guitar pro and power tab

Sometimes. The thing is that you are paying attention to other instruments and don't 100% concentrate in the guitar.
Play it a bunch of times without GP, then play with GP.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Uhm no, but that's because I'm a guitar god, a modest guitar god.
<Omri> I love trannys too..
Quote by urik
Sometimes. The thing is that you are paying attention to other instruments and don't 100% concentrate in the guitar.
Play it a bunch of times without GP, then play with GP.

+1
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Try playing along to the actual song and see if it's any easier.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by JC13
...And yeah Die, it probably will affect your ability to play in a band, seeing as GP and PT are in perfect timing, and you can't play along with them..It'll be hard when your playing along with other people.

You could practice staying in time by adding random tempo changes throughout the song... It would take some work, but it's possible. *shrug*
METALLICA.
well its cuz i focus on playing in exact timing with the guitar in guitar pro. i can play along fine to the song just nor guitar pro. I can keep in time to a metronome easily
Perhaps the guitar pro tempo is higher or lower than you know the song to be in your head. Try altering that.
i have a similar problem. im fine when im playing live, but when im recording i always have to track my rhythm guitar first, without a click, cos i can never quite keep in time with the bass or drums. its weird, cos i can play perfectly in time with myself or with a live band.
either you cant play in time or get put off by the other intruments
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by xDie_Romanticx

Maybe you're just retarded.
just read the tab and play it in the right timng. tada!
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Don't worry about it, the ptabs are never exactly right, which is probably what you are use to playing. The audio tracks fluctuate with time and the midi plays everything exact. Its a nice skill to be able to play the midi tabs, but you'll be fine without it.
wtf its fast solos like playing along to another instrument playing the exact same thing on guitar pro..i have difficulty playing time to that but im fine without it. chords and simple riffs are easy though. just solos.
Quote by Disasterpiece08
nah shes not retarded. You asshole. She is saying she has a problem with playing along with GP, so unless you can help I say you leave. Simple

Am I an asshole if I think she is retarded?
Quote by chubbychunks
Am I an asshole if I think she is retarded?

No, you're special.
Quote by Disasterpiece08
so unless you can help I say you leave.

Good advice, so why are you still here, genius? I don't see you helping anyone.

And I stick by my "she's retarded" statement. She says she has no problem playing in time, so what can be the problem? The fact that there's other instruments playing along with her? That should only make things easier.

The fact that she can play things perfectly just by herself is hilarious because there's nothing to play along with and no way of making sure you're playing in time.
^its playing fast solos in time to the instrument on guitar pro im having difficulty with. My god you are only providing discouragment.
If you're playing it without hearing how it's played originaly, how can you be sure that you play it perfectly? I think you just got the timing of the songs wrong and that's why you find it difficult.
Quote by Hells_Bell
If you're playing it without hearing how it's played originaly, how can you be sure that you play it perfectly? I think you just got the timing of the songs wrong and that's why you find it difficult.

well i can play with the actual song fine its just idk effing powertab idk how to describe