Page 1 of 2
When I've finished with college I think I'd greatly enjoy travelling the world. However, I don't think I'd greatly enjoy getting beaten/stabbed/my kidneys stolen/shot/killed. With UG being filled with members from numerous countries, I was hoping people could tell me what the general attitude to English people is where they live, and whether it's actually worth visiting there regardless of the locals.

Of course, places like Iraq aren't going to be on my visit list within the foreseeable future.

I'd particularly like to visit the countries in Europe, Asia and South America.

Can't have an Englishman thread without a gent.
Well, here in Plainfield, IL, are a bunch of hicks. If you hide your accent you may make some friends. You're better off in Chicago, though. It's a really nice place to have dinner and stuff. Plus, Oprah lives there. If you're lucky, you may get cash.
Sent from my iPad.
I'll come with you

Ive been saying for so long that Im going to travel
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Come to Canada.
There aren't many dangerous places like what you speak of, unless you are in a big big city like Toronto, but even then it's not that bad.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
I'm sure Hackney followed by Dagenham would be an interesting little holiday. ESPECIALLY if you're dressed up like a true gent, looking nice and rich.
Quote by paintITblack39
Well, here in Plainfield, IL, are a bunch of hicks. If you hide your accent you may make some friends. You're better off in Chicago, though. It's a really nice place to have dinner and stuff. Plus, Oprah lives there. If you're lucky, you may get cash.

hahahahahhahaha be more specific next time cause for me chicago are the sections around downtown chicago where it's ghetto as hell, and you feel like your going to get jump by some random gang person

but yeah im guessing you ment downtown chicago, its a pretty cool place like Millenium Park.
you are welcome in wales as long as no welshman knows you're english

my advice is stay away from small towns and the pubs within

and for gods sake dont act like a tourist or your kidneys will be stolen by a fine upstanding gent like myself

just kidding dude you are welcome in wales just don't talk sport
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by fronkpies
I'll come with you

Ive been saying for so long that Im going to travel

I keep saying that too, but I will soon... this year... to england and/or scotland.

Anyways... go to france or italy, threadstarter.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
no one really cares in teh west coast. Just stay out of hte ghettos.

And really if your going to dress like t hat picture your going to get hot as hell and sweat like a pig.
Quote by alex_haeni
Come to Canada.
There aren't many dangerous places like what you speak of, unless you are in a big big city like Toronto, but even then it's not that bad.

Yup. I can't really think of many places that would be any more dangerous for an Englishman than they would be for anyone else. I'd also love to travel at some point: lots of europe, new zealand, australia, tebet, all of north america, probably other places too.

Good luck rob
To see a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour
Your nationality/culture shouldn't stop you from going wherever you wanna go. If you really give a shite you should hide your accent.

another dream
i was taking a shower
and i took my penis off to wash it
but i couldnt figure out how to put it back on
so it ran away- Superunkown
beatiful anecdote
There is one place you shouldn't go though, Wales, not because they hate the English, just because its a shithole.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
Australia, people generally like Englishmen here.
How many guitar players does it take to change a light bulb?

Twelve. One to change the bulb and eleven to say they could do it better.
Quote by fronkpies
There is one place you shouldn't go though, Wales, not because they hate the English, just because its a shithole.

Took the words right out of my mouth
Come to Canada, you brig yourself and we'll bring the booze.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
robbie, if you are english as you say you are, then you will probably know that many english people go to spain for their package vacations. If you come to Barcelona in summer, you would blend in just fine.
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

Come to America, the English are worshipped as gods here.

EDIT- Oh yeah, don't go to the shitty parts of New York. (the city that is)

And China would be okay to go to, if you don't lose your passport while you're there or anything.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Last edited by Dirtydeeds468 at Feb 17, 2007,
It's really alright here in SF. If you aren't scared by the prospect of people who might be gay, it's a great place to live. Many people are very nice.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by SOMETHINGSOAD
hahahahahhahaha be more specific next time cause for me chicago are the sections around downtown chicago where it's ghetto as hell, and you feel like your going to get jump by some random gang person .

you live in the southside?

as an english guy it's easy to get chicks here, even if you are ugly (which you definitely are ) because chicks are goo goo ga ga over that accent and crap. go to NYC, chicago, las vegas, san francisco.
#DTWD
Quote by SOMETHINGSOAD
hahahahahhahaha be more specific next time cause for me chicago are the sections around downtown chicago where it's ghetto as hell, and you feel like your going to get jump by some random gang person

but yeah im guessing you ment downtown chicago, its a pretty cool place like Millenium Park.

Yep, Millennium Park is nice. The huge bean is OK. It's a huge waste of money to be honest though. Good for pictures, though. The Sears Tower is quite a site, too. To be on the top is cool. You have like a bunch of sites to visit there.
Sent from my iPad.
Well my mom is English and she hasn't been attacked or beaten up, lived here for 25 years, so I'm sure you could come to Western Canada...

EDIT: If you were to come to Calgary in the summer then you could go to the Calgary Stampede (starts second Friday of July and goes for 10 days. Huge outdoor fair thing with a well known rodeo)
Last edited by raisinbran at Feb 17, 2007,
camden New Jersey...most dangerous place in the united states
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
Quote by Cyclotoolica
Go anywhere but America.

Bloody yanks.

obviously youve never been to Cali. The rest of the ****ry sux, but the coast here in California is t3h pwn!
Quote by primusfan
you live in the southside?

as an english guy it's easy to get chicks here, even if you are ugly (which you definitely are ) because chicks are goo goo ga ga over that accent and crap. go to NYC, chicago, las vegas, san francisco.

*Shakes fist in a threatening manner*

I'm from the North East of England, so I don't have the refined English accent foreigners have come to expect. I could always pretend though, if it gets me some action.
Last edited by Robbie n strat at Feb 18, 2007,
India< Surely that accent will do you know good...
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
dont go to ireland, we hate you, and if you do, dont wear the english soccer jersy.
PROUD MEMBER OF THE

Ug Irish Clan - Pog mo Thoin
theres plenty of places here in england you dont want to visit either, namely sunderland, oh and middlesbrough where i'm living atm. unless you can mingle with chavs, or unless you're bigger than them you might get your kidneys stolen :P
Japan! We can go together and make it into a hilarious romp of a movie. Robbie And Daft in the Land Of the Rising Sun.

Then we shall make billions and can buy where ever the hell we want.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by Robbie n strat
*Shakes fist in a threatening manner*

I'm from the North East of England, so I don't have the refined English accent foreigners have come to expect.

You'll have to put on a different accent then, or they won't be able to understand you in America

"Alright love, fancy a brew?"

"Ewww like omg!!WTF?"

Haha just kidding, I wish I was northern really
Page 1 of 2