Alright I just made the step for the Made In USA Strat thanks to you guys!!! BUT!!!! I think i might have a problem....I took it home and I am using a Vox ad15vt(i know guys I will upgrade soon) and I am noticing that it has no sustain what so ever. No matter what I do...the guitar doesn't hold a note....it fades away so fast....I had a made in mexicon and a made in usa(strats) a long time ago and they never had this problem....I changed the strings!!!! I did everything but it is just not ringing long at all.....Is it my amp? what do you guys think?
Hmm... Did you go from A hardtail to a tremolo?
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
no....all have been tremolos

it just fades out in like 3 seconds....all the other guitrars i have owned seem to sustain for atleast 20 seconds
try a different guitar on your amp.

try your guitar on a different amp.

see which is causing the problem.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
thanks will do as soon as it gets here...as for the guitar.....any suggestions??
make sure the noise gate on the amp isnt all the way up a son my amp this drastically reduces sustain .
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Noise gate??....i don't think this has a noise gate.....honestly I might just return the thing
it does have a noise gate, bypass the effects, hold down the tap tempo button (edit 1) , and turn the knob all the way down
if ur action is too low, u might be choking the notes dead.

are u getting any acoustic fret buzz?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011