I want to know which will be the best pedal out of the two for my setup, I'm looking for a nice overdrive as well as lead booster in one pedal. The equipment I use is in my sig and I run it all through a Vox AD50VT.

I play stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Incubus.

Also could someone tell me the differences between the two as from what I understand they are both overdrives.

Thanks for your time
Cjay
Last edited by Cjay4 at Feb 18, 2007,
Try them both out and compare them, they're pretty different pedals.

For you I'd say get the Blues Driver, but try it with your amp and see how it sounds.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i'd say the blues driver. it's got a warmer feel, and not as crunchy.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by BloodBlooms
for cheaper than either of those pedals mentioned, i'd suggest the digitech bad monkey. it's an amazing pedal for the price.

Sd-1's are $40 too. And easier to mod.
If you try to use any of those pedals as a solo boost on one of the distorted amp models all you'll get is a shitload of noise, you're amp doesn't work that way. Might work in conjunction with the MD-2 on the clean channel if it's bypass mode, but it might still be noisy.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hmm I'm swaying over to the side of the blues driver because of its flexibility and how it sounds with my Vox Wah.

But with mod what kind of mods do you suggest for the SD-1, like a Ts808 mod?

Also does anyone know how well the Valvetronix acts with the bad monkey, my local guitar shop only stock "popular" equipment, easiest to sell, and the other shop which as it is 20 miles away but they would have to order it in.

Thanks for all your help so far it is much appreciated
i'm sure valvetronix works well with most pedals.

and if you're gonna look for a budget OD, get the DOD 250.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I'm going to say neither, a DS-1 or DS-2 will get you a lot closer to both of those sounds than an overdrive unit.
Most Bad Monkeys I have seen were $20 used in my store.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
The sd-1 and the monkey are both based on the ts9. Both are middy, but the monkey does have a bass knob and can mine the bottom better. A far better sounding pedal is the Boss od-3. I use it with my Vox. Better bottom than other Boss's and smoother. Sounds good with the fender and marshall settings.
Quote by Roc8995
I'm going to say neither, a DS-1 or DS-2 will get you a lot closer to both of those sounds than an overdrive unit.

He already has a DS-2.
DOD 250 overdrive/preamp is the way to go. its deffinately got the best tone for under $50. its smoother and seems considerably less nasaly.