anybody have or tried a mesa boogie roadster head or combo? if so how much was it and how versitile was it. was it worth the price you payed for it?
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
The Roadster is absolutely fantastic...I cannot sing the praises of this amp enough. To me, the Recto tones on the Roadster are quite a bit smoother and less buzzy than the triple and double. The clean is increadible as well...I'd put it up against a twin reverb any day (I used to own one, I know what it sounds like). The brit channel gets Hendrix clean tones and SRV blues tones without any effort at all, and it's quite easy to get EVH tone using the vintage setting on channel 3.

Get out and try one, and crank it up. You'll only get about 10% out of the amp at low volumes, when you start getting close to the halfway point, it starts getting really sweet and only gets better the louder it goes.

EDIT - grand total for the head and matching 2x12 cab came to around $2700, and it was worth every penny. So much more to this amp than just the recto tones, and the 2x12 closed back cab sounds as large as any 4x12 I've ever tried.
Last edited by TwoString at Feb 17, 2007,
I agree with everything TwoString said. I've played one; and if you have the money; jump on the opportunity to nab one.
holy crap thats pricey!! how much is the 2x12 combo?
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
I own the Roadster head. I've had it for about...3 months and have yet to touch on all the tonal possibilities within this beast. I can't really comment on the clean channels since I don't use them (I a/b between two amps), but the distortion takes from its Rectifier brothers and can easily go between AC/DC to modern day metal
Quote by Adio_stack
holy crap thats pricey!! how much is the 2x12 combo?

I don't have the 2007 price list yet, but according to the 2006 price list, the prices are as follows....

Head - $1899
1x12 Combo - $1999
2x12 Combo - $2099
Roadster 1x12 Cab (60 watt, closed back) - $419
Roadster 2x12 Cab (120 watt, closed back) - $559

As far as I know, all of the combos and cabs come loaded with Celestion Vintage 30s. If you're looking into the 2x12 combo, like most 2x12 combos, you have to be a body builder to lift the friggin thing. It comes with casters, but good luck to anyone that has to carry that thing up stairs.