Anyone have any experience with any of their guitar amps?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
ive played guitar through thier bass amps, it sounds really thick and warm. I havent tried any of the reissued ones though, only the vintage ones.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
i played one of thier amps with 2 15" cabinets, and it sounded sooo good
Quote by bluesychris
Now You Sir have one hell of a guitar and look more alive and look to have more stage presence than anyone else I've seen on this forum
What kind of tones are we talking?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
From what I've played they sounded nice - they're just like any other lost-name/no-name brand vintage amps: great buying price.

The best I can do is warm, vintage tones for description.
-Mike
They are nice amps but REALLY LOUD. Like everyone has said, warm tone with guitar into bass amps. In terms of their guitar amps, I've only played the tc-50 (i think thats its name) reissue, it seemed like what it was- nice vintage reissued amp. Same tonal characteristics. They are great values though, check em out.
Any off-brand amp is a good value.

Ahh but what the 70s brought the earth...crap...but 30 years later, that crap sells for under 200 dollars for all tube beauty for those who know where to look.

FLEA BAY
-Mike
Like any other tube amp "off brands" of the 60's and 70s, they kick the shit out of Fenders and Marshalls. *Prepares to get flamed*
yeah i have an off brand tube amp from the 70s that can easilly hold its own against any marshall or fender and i got it for $300. Sunns can end up being a little more expensive though, since theres a cult market for them.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The price of Sunns seem to fluctuate, some days you'll see them go for 1000+ plus on Ebay, I saw a Model T on buyout for about 400, with no problems, shame I didn't have any money then.
There are a lot of crap brands that you could buy cheap though. I remember playing the hottest Silvertone amp and it sounded great.

Sunns do sell for more than some of these other ones for sure, but it's still a lot less than the Fenders and Marshalls you see at GC.
-Mike