I have a MIA Strat and this thing is routed for a humbuckers underneath... i thought these things were suppose to routed for S-S-S.....is this just poor quality??...and routings are all wonky as well....its so poor quality....let me know if this is normal guys. I just bought it 6 days ago...BRAND NEW!!!!!!
Many strats are routed out for HB's as well as single coils just so its easier to convert if you don't want singles in. As for the quality, post pics?

TINY TERROR FOR SALE!

Orange Rocker 30 head and a Tiny Terror
It's all manufactued by computers anyways. It's easier for them to have a standard route for every single guitar. Since you can't see the routings without taking off the pickguard, it's not worth making a bunch of different templates. This also alows you to put whatever pickups you want in there.

Show us pictures of how the routing is poor quality.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
i will tyr to get a camera to show you guys...its just not straight.....i made a strat copy and it looked better than this...this couldn't of been a computer job
^ Shit happens, things get crooked. You can return it if you want, even though you could have voided the warrenty.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Most cheap manufacturers aren't gonna care what it looks like under the pick guard, and routing the whole thing out makes it easier for them anyway if they make models with different pickup arrangements. Don't worry about it, it's not like anyone is gonna see it.
plus, it makes it easier to put in HBs (shudders)
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Quote by torchwood
I have a MIA Strat and this thing is routed for a humbuckers underneath... i thought these things were suppose to routed for S-S-S.....is this just poor quality??...and routings are all wonky as well....its so poor quality....let me know if this is normal guys. I just bought it 6 days ago...BRAND NEW!!!!!!

Not all MIA Strats are created equal, unfortunately, but it all makes sense from a manufacturing perspective. Here are examples:

The DeLuxe models have HSH routes:

Even the Jeff Beck signature model has HSH:

However, the Re-Issues will have SSS routes, here's a 57RI:

The 70s Re-Issues have SSS routes, too:

Most MIJ Fenders and the vintage MIJ Squiers (early 80s) have SSS routes. I've seen MIA Fenders with the ghastly swimming pool or "universal" routes, too.