I would like to ask if anybody new how i could get my Fender showmaster to say in tune while using the tremolo bar.IT has a normal synchronized tremelo, and because i play metal i need it to stay in tune while using the whammy.can anybody help me?
The tremelo is just like that on the stratocaster and i need to do whatever i can to make it stay perfectly in tune why playing.
I think this belongs in the GB&C forums.

I don't really know that much about tremolos and whammies, but I think a locking nut and some locking tuners would help.
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Quote by JC13
No, you need a floyd rose tremolo, its the best whammy out there, doesn't mess up your tunings, and can do a lot more than a normal whammy.

you don't NEED a floyd rose. you can make do with a vintage trem, if you add locking tuners. if you decrease the spring tension some, it'll do a 'floating' type thing.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Silky Smooth
Keep the nut and saddles lubed up well and you shouldnt have any issues.

Wouldnt that result in the guitar going out of tune more often, and wouldnt putting lube on the nut (depending on the material) cause it to erode away?
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

like in your thread in GB&C, graphite nut and locking tuners.

EDIT: and why would lubing your nut make it erode?

that sounds so wrong.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Last edited by tubab0y at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Wouldnt that result in the guitar going out of tune more often, and wouldnt putting lube on the nut (depending on the material) cause it to erode away?

Nope

It keeps the strings from breaking too if your bending all the time. Friction causes alot of problems making the return of pitch more difficult. Keep the saddles and nut lightly lubed with oil or pencil on some #2 in there and I promise you'll have better results.
i cannot use a floyd rose because my tremolo does not float.IT would'nt fit on my guitar.And i would oil the nut and saddles , but i don't just need it to help my stay in tune i need it to keep my perfectly in tune i'm constantly bend and using the whammy.