My new favorite film, I saw it around 3 in the morning on Bravo. Like a month ago. Anyway, is anyone else a fan? I love the opening where he says, "All the animals come out at night", and cut to shots of druggies, hookers, and pimps, oh my!

Jodie Foster is also cool in this film as Iris. She played such great roles as a kid...

Last edited by Siftings at Feb 17, 2007,
I have that film laying around ... with my brother not letting me watch it

Ass
Sent from my iPad.
Its an excellent movie, Excellent script, Excellent acting.

All the little details you can find are excellent.

Its excellent.

Excellent.
By far my favorite film of all time, in my opinion it's perfect.
Quote by soccermom
Of course eating unbelievable amounts of anything can probably harm you, but i chose bananas because they look like willies.
you watched it on bravo?.. isnt it censored and cut for that cha nnel? very awesome film. My favorite deniro performance. Just an amazing movie
Quote by sunshineshankar
you watched it on bravo?.. isnt it censored and cut for that cha nnel? very awesome film. My favorite deniro performance. Just an amazing movie

I guess...there wasn't any cursing or nudity. I'll have to get it on dvd
One of the greatest movies of all time... Im with ya bro
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Never watched it.. any good?
very frustrated guitar player

член в русской группе UG! PM Vindiction to join!

And the worst comeback in the history of UG is:
Quote by ketchup_cum
your moms an is

I'll be the first to say I didn't really like it.
Don't really know why, a little too artsy for me I guess.
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
Quote by Siftings
I guess...there wasn't any cursing or nudity. I'll have to get it on dvd

Oh you seriously need to see the proper version m8. I'm guessing the final gunfight sequence was edited heavily too. Like when he's shooting that guy in the face A gritty, clever, well-acted cinematic triumph.
One of my favorites also!

The last scene where he breaks in to rescue Iris is possibly my favorite scene of all time.
Taxi Drivers pretty awesome.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
It's brilliant - it was on filmfour last night again but I fell asleep before the end. I woke up to Harvey Keitel's groovy short ass pimp.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
One of my favorites also!

The last scene where he breaks in to rescue Iris is possibly my favorite scene of all time.

definitely

The ending though, when that woman gives him that look, that wasn't real right? I mean, it seems so random, I figured it must have been Travis's fantasy or hallucination...ok I read that on a website, but I agree thats what it must've been
When Travis just jolts randomly and looks at his rear view mirror? I think thats just there to show he's still unstable and could go off at any time again.
It's a great film, one of, if not the best performance of his career. He was great in The Deer Hunter aswell. He's an amazing actor.
Quote by DanRev
When Travis just jolts randomly and looks at his rear view mirror? I think thats just there to show he's still unstable and could go off at any time again.

I dont think so, its at the end when they're taking him away and the lady he was in love with gives him this flirty look. The site said its probably meant to show he's delusional, and conjures up this fantasy to rationalize the situation. Or something like that...
Taxi Driver is excellent, love it. On a related note, I watched the Departed the other day and I thought that was also pretty ****ing sweet. I'm kind of on weird page about the Oscars thing though. In a way I don't want Scorcese to get it cause it would basically be like "well, we haven't given you one yet even though you've made some amazing films, I guess we'll give you one now". Just seems unfair ya know?
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Taxi Driver is my 2nd favorite Scorsese movie, after Goodfellas.
Member #1 of the UG Gentlemen's Club. PM bodyheatseeker to join.