This guy's probably the most famous jazz muscian ever. I've got only four of his albums: Bitches Brew, Kind of Blue, Sketches of Spain, and Tribute to Jack Johnson. Anyone else listen to him? And what're your favorite albums?
I like him. My favorite song by him is probably 'Black Velvet'. It's awesome... he uses a wah-wah pedal on his trumpet to get that sound. It's wicked cool.
Quote by guitarkid2113
I like him. My favorite song by him is probably 'Black Velvet'. It's awesome... he uses a wah-wah pedal on his trumpet to get that sound. It's wicked cool.

Do you mean Black Satin??

My favourite Miles Davis album is definatly Bitches Brew, followed closely by Kind of Blue and Milestones...
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
I loved Cookin' With and Workin' With, although I still don't know the drummer from Airegin...he's really good.
Get off my lawn.
I really need to get more of his stuff. He just slips out of my mind when I'm buying CD's sometimes though, dunno why. I smack myself in the head later, going "How did I forget?".
I like his work on Cannonball Adderley's Something Else, but my favorite song when he was band leader has to be Doxy.
The Electric days are my favourite
If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is - Infinite.

http://thetravellingtrip.dmusic.com
^^ some sort of strange new slimey brew, its a psychedelic mess.
Check it out
Bitches Brew.
Quote by DeathDealer
you people are daft

"You rise as high as your dominant aspiration, you descend to the level of your lowest concept of yourself. Free your mind and your ass will follow." Funkadelic

Member #7 of the Peavey is Amazing Club
As with a lot of jazz, some of his music isn't very accessible. I tried listening to Kind of Blue and I couldn't get into it. Maybe I wasn't in the right mindset though. I should give it another try...and I'd like to listen to Bitches Brew also.
Bitches Brew, for sure. A Tribute to Jack Johnson is also awesome though. John McLaughlin's playing is just awesome.