i recently purchased a used ibanez RG350DX and it came with a dimebucker in the neck, a fast track 2 in the middle and an evolution in the bridge. Everything thing played okay and its was in good condition. I decided to change the strings and i ended up taking the pickguard of. I saw that most of the wires were in the wrong places and the soldering job was horrible. After everything was resoldered in the right place it was time to check out if everything worked. I checked all the switch positions on the 5-way switch and there is that annoying humming noise on 2 and 4. The humming noise is similar to what you hear from a Fender in certain the certain pickup selection. Is this normal for my Ibanez? or should it not be humming like my Fender.
You're supposed to hear more humming on position 3 and less/none on 2/4. No humming on 1/5. I suggest you recheck your solder jobs and make sure you connected the grounds to the correct place.

Does the humming stop when you touch any metal parts? And close any CRT monitors/tv sets that's near to you.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
everything is connected right but when you play you really cant hear it, im just curious if it really should be like that cuz my fender hums the same way but all of the pickups in the ibanez are technically humbuckers, the fast track is supposed to be considered a humbucker for a strat. It didnt hum when i first got it, i just wanted to know if its fixable just cuz its annoying. And yes i dont have anything turned on other than the amp and yeah when i touch a screw driver to the pickups they stop humming
Then you have grounding problems, the humming should dissapear/decrease even when you're not touching it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
YUP grounding problem.....it has happened to me a million times. What I would do is make sure those grounds are soldered really well. You might think you did them properly but just do yourself the favour and double check. And while your at it go on the net and check out the wiring schematic of your guitar and make sure the guy that installed the dimebucker properly and didn't tamper with the original wiring much. You didn't solder your input jack wires did you?....cause that might add to the problem
thanks i will double check the grounding and i just taped the input jack wires for now so that could be the problem