Well, my brother turned on the computer yesterday to find that the registry entries for .lnk, .exe and basically every Windows related file deleted. I had to repair these manually in the registry (which was a bitch because you can't open Regedit), so it's fixed for the meantime.
What I'm asking is has anybody else had this problem, or know what virus (if it is a virus) that is causing this to happen? It happened on my laptop a long time ago, I had to reinstall XP to get it working again. I tried searching it on google, but to no avail.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Anybody? I would prefer to find out what's going on before I go home tonight. I don't want my computer-illiterate family ringing me to fix it...
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
This problem was caused manually. Meaning... Someone using that computer did something stupid. That's all I can tell you...
Quote by Zuka
This problem was caused manually. Meaning... Someone using that computer did something stupid. That's all I can tell you...

My brother doesn't even know what the registry is, let alone how to edit things in it. I fail to imagine him doing something like that.
Perhaps he installed something stupid.

C://- Definition: Stupid
Containing a Virus; Lacking in sanity; Uselessness; etc