i know this is an old marvin gaye song but it's been like 900 years since i've heard it, so i can't really compare yours. although i can already tell your version is a lot different... the guitar playing seems a little loose, kind of off time. i dig the vocals a lot though. kinda reminds me of the chick from the breeders. i liked it overall. i listened to it a couple times.
Funny how both of you have complimented the vocals when in my personal opinion theyre the weakest part of the recording. The timing is a little off at the start i agree, but its actually the drums and vocals that are out of time rather than the guitar since the guitar was down first, followed by vocals, then bass, then drums. take into account that i did the drums using a synthesized drum sound on a yamaha keyboard and im sure you can give me credit for my hardships hahaha

I definitly think the bass line is the strongest part of the song.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Yes, that timing was pretty terrible. You should have used Reason to hit the original 808 drum patterns.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
urgh, theres not a chance in hell that i'd ever use reason. I dont care what anybody says, its a product designed for deadbeat dance junkies and grungy teenage boys. In fact, i have a problem with sequencers in general. You can always always tell a sequenced drum track and its never pretty. Forgetting the fact that the majority of drum samples dont actually sound like drum samples theyre also too...in time. Theres not a drummer on the planet with timing as perfect as a sequencer so why would i use a sequencer to emulate a live drum recording?

Granted, the first verse of this is pretty out of time, but who cares? Why strive for perfection when true perfection doesnt exist. Music is about expression and pleasure, I recorded this completely rat arsed on rum, the song is a perfect expression of my desires as a hot blooded female and my god did i enjoy recording it. If you cant get past the timing and hear that, well. you're obviously not listening to it properly.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Last edited by damn-right! at Feb 19, 2007,
Quote by Dutch_Apples
Yes, that timing was pretty terrible. You should have used Reason to hit the original 808 drum patterns.

By the way-my last post wasnt an attack-it was me explaining why i didnt use some drum sequencing software on my recording and why i opted for the manually recorded drum sounds-its all personal opinion.
haha whilst listening to it,i noticed that my failure to enunciate the line "baby i got sick this morning" meant it ended up sound like "baby i got sex this morning" somewhat amusing
i love the vocals and the guitars seems good too, but there is something with the beat that doesn't sound right. It's like it one beat to much sometimes. It might be beause the strokes arn't synced with the beat everytime. i don't know
hey, good job on the song =) i liked it. there does seem to be a bit of strangeness to the drums like, but watever. the other songs are cool too
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Quote by somewhat_here

i wish i was fat so i can buy xxl clothes during liquidation