I just put some DR Marcus Miller signature strings on my P-bass, and they sound like sex. They give me a brighter edge, but maintaining a smooth bass tone. These strings are kinda slutty though...because I'm recommending them to everyone
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
I've heard a lot about these strings. I need to buy some new ones anyway, I'll see if I can find them. How much are they, roughly?
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
I got them for around 25 bucks from GC
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I've heard a lot about these strings. I need to buy some new ones anyway, I'll see if I can find them. How much are they, roughly?

The Marcus Miller ones here I have only found for about £28 a set!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Twenty eight quid?!
That's more than I get in a month

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Twenty eight quid?!
That's more than I get in a month

Me too, the Fat beams and Hi beams are £24 I think so slightly more affordable. Why is everything so expensive here?!
Quote by Bumper

Because England is a bass-hating country.
Only explanation. I'm tired of the cheap five pound strings that lose good sound after a few days.

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Because England is a bass-hating country.
Only explanation. I'm tired of the cheap five pound strings that lose good sound after a few days.

I just boil my strings until they really can't be boiled any more. My teacher gets a reduction on d'addarios though so I may try them. But yeah string prices here suck, best I've found for my EB's is like 16 quid still. I hate england
Quote by Bumper

Quote by indie-bassist
I just boil my strings until they really can't be boiled any more. My teacher gets a reduction on d'addarios though so I may try them. But yeah string prices here suck, best I've found for my EB's is like 16 quid still. I hate england

Tell me about it, i've been using rotosounds recently because the shop my dad works in gets them in, so I either get a discount or them for free depending on how they're feeling. I wanna try some elixers, though. They're £35 on gak, ($65-$70!!!!!!!!!!) but if they last as long as they claim to it may be worth it.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
Tell me about it, i've been using rotosounds recently because the shop my dad works in gets them in, so I either get a discount or them for free depending on how they're feeling. I wanna try some elixers, though. They're £35 on gak, ($65-$70!!!!!!!!!!) but if they last as long as they claim to it may be worth it.

I'm thinking of trying out those S.I.T strings from gak, they seem pretty good. And I use this website for my strings, elixers are slightly cheaper.
Quote by Bumper

Elixrs are the sh!t. Really nice strings, if you ask me. Then again, so are Rotosounds. If I were you, I'd just keep getting free Rotosounds send me some too, while you're at it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by indie-bassist
I'm thinking of trying out those S.I.T strings from gak, they seem pretty good. And I use this website for my strings, elixers are slightly cheaper.

Cheers for the link, why do you say that about the S.I.T strings? I've never even heard of them until you mentioned them.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Forcemaster
Cheers for the link, why do you say that about the S.I.T strings? I've never even heard of them until you mentioned them.

Take a look on GAK at the bass strings and they sell S.I.T strings which i had never seen before, I found quite a few good reviews though.

EDIT: In fact, here is the like http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/s.i.t
Quote by Bumper

I love my DR's, ive had the same Fat Beams on for a month and they still have that new string sound
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
My god DRs are expensive over seas. 24 quid as you call it? More like 20 dollars here.

Also I heard stingrays are also more expensive over there, sucks to be you guys! (jk[lmnop] of course)
i'll stick with my cheap slinkys.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
Quote by indie-bassist
Me too, the Fat beams and Hi beams are £24 I think so slightly more affordable. Why is everything so expensive here?!

DR lo riders are 60 bucks here, stop whining :P

although, i think that's about the same when you convert from pounds to NZD
Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club. PM mountaindew88 to join.
My Ibanez SR506 came with elixers and they are amazing. They're like coated with some substance that makes them really smooth and IMO easier to play. They've been lastinging me since December with addtion to being on the bass for months before in Guitar Center. But elixers are expensive, but they are very high quality. 6 string bass elixers have got to be expensive lol.