So right now i have a fairly standard Fender MIM strat, and back when i was a noob like three years ago i bought a double locking trem, not really knowing anything about it (yea i was stupid) and i found out it wasnt a cinch to install and i gave up. when cleaning my room i came across it, and i was wondering, can i install it into my strat? for the bridge, should i fill the 6 holes and then just drill two where the new one has the holes? and for the nut, where should i drill the holes in the neck to screw it in?
any help would be appreciated!
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
you have to do a lot of routing!
Gear:
Ibanez RG320QS(For Sale) 275 shipped w/HSC!
My EVH Strat(for sale or trade) 195 shipped!
Meanstreet EVH guitar
Marshall MG15CDR Prac. Amp(for sale or trade)65 shipped!
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
*Coming* Crate GT1200H/G412SL Half Stack
first buy a new nut...kahler cause it can be mounted via screws on the headstock direcly after the nut so no messin with intonation wich would happen if u shaved a bit off 1rst fret

make a route symetrically placed like the one already made (were wammy bar is...afterwords route a square hole about half an inch deep behind brige so u can pull up and far enouugh so your trem wont hit wood

dont need to fill 6 holes that is up 2 you and place those two big screws that come with floyd

Although it may sound rather simple it is actually pretty complex so i would suggest to show project to alocal guitar tech who really nows his stuff and ask for pointers or help that i may not have included in the following text
''Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation'' David St. Hubbins-Spinal Tap
okay, so after reviewing the options, i was wondering, can i sand down the bit of the neck where the nut goes because i dont have one of these router things? i mean as long as i use my sander carefully and dont go to deep itll work just the same right?
my other question is that from my measuring i realized i would have to take a good solid 5 mm out of the 1st fret to get the nut to fit, and wouldnt that have some effect on intonation and cause lotsa problems?
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz