I was thinking today about how people think certain genres died out in the 70s or 80s and how they really do still exist.

so blah blah blah

i bring you...

Comets on Fire

RIYL: hard to pinpoint...zeppelin fans may take a shining to it but it's up for grabs really. remind me of a sabbathy zeppelin on too much acid. oh and it's instrumental.

note: i didnt link their official myspace because: 1.) this is my favorite song by them 2.) many may be turned off by the noise track on the official page.

Devendra Banhart

RIYL: 70s folk, hippies, acid.

Witch

RIYL: Sabbath basically...but different. it's john mascis' side project (he plays drums though) but it's only a slight bit dinosaur jrish....just listen.

The Sword

RIYL: Sabbathy drone and talk of unicorns and...er...swords.

as you can see these mostly fit into the 60s-70s style sound but sound modern too.

i will add more later but as of now i'm all music recommended out.

your turn.
Igor Stravinsky in the Baroque, Classical, or Romantic periods. That would have been nuts!
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Comets on Fire are great!
Blue Cathedral makes you want to jump out a window and flyyyyy
I'll buy Avatar once I get around to it, but I really like them. Even their more mellow songs like "Brotherhood of the Harvest" are pretty good
Quote by Siftings
Comets on Fire are great!
Blue Cathedral makes you want to jump out a window and flyyyyy
I'll buy Avatar once I get around to it, but I really like them. Even their more mellow songs like "Brotherhood of the Harvest" are pretty good

i got a pretty good comp with a bunch of similar artists on it.

i'll send it your way if you want it.
Quote by Siftings
thats what I figured....sure, that'd be cool

already in your inbox.

if anyone else wants it, PM me.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Devendra Banhart and CoF both rock. I'm not that into Witch, though. I'll be checking out the Sword.

i'm going to venture to say that if you dont like witch you wont like the sword.

but just maybe, haha.

hmm...

Dungen anyone?