Alright, so my birthday is coming up soon. I am thinking of getting a new guitar. You see, I was saving up for a Les Paul, but then I realized I'm 15 years old with no part time job, so +2500 is unattainable. That idea was flushed down the toilet..along with my idea of eating 50 hot dogs. (but thats another story) I am a Les Paul guy. I play mostly classic rock, metal, blues, and some minor alternative stuff. I want an Epi Les Paul Standard. I currently own an Epi Les Paul 100. Is it worth the upgrade from 100 to Standard?(probably not for performance, but for looks.) The reason I want a Standard is because I don't feel my 100 looks like a REAL Les Paul(bolt on neck, no binding, wrong tuning keys, ni pup covers etc) The Standard is the closest thing I'll get to a REAL Les Paul for a while. I am not interested in Agile or any other knockoff LP's. Only Epiphone. So is it worth the upgrade? This is a long question, very long. I'll be surprised if I get an answer. I am tired of typing, so I am going to stop typing now.
yeah... price range? but the Epi LP standard is quite a nice axe for the money, definitely worth the upgrade from the 100 in my opinion.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by PapaDelicious
yeah... price range? but the Epi LP standard is quite a nice axe for the money, definitely worth the upgrade from the 100 in my opinion.

Not really, I think...

Get a Custom... Or an Epi Elitist STD, but I think those can be too pricey.
AGILE!

ill be one in 13719837193713701371 to reccomend this.

maybe an al-3000?

oh only epi.

a plain top std.
Not interested in Tokai/Greco/Burny? Quality is comparable to a Gibson....and, of course, same headstock with sexy sexy binding.

About the same price as a standard ($800-$1000, if thats how much an Epi STD is).

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-JAPANESE-1980s-BURNY-BLACK-BEAUTY-LP_W0QQitemZ120087555803QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120087555803
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Last edited by Skar at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by Skar
Not interested in Tokai/Greco/Burny? Quality is comparable to a Gibson....and, of course, same headstock with sexy sexy binding.

About the same price as a standard ($800-$1000, if thats how much an Epi STD is).

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-JAPANESE-1980s-BURNY-BLACK-BEAUTY-LP_W0QQitemZ120087555803QQihZ002QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120087555803

Epis STDs are 400$.

And didn't you read? He wants Epi.
i have the perfect guitar for you, and it's an epi. it's called the epi les paul elite. it's made in korea, but with the exact same woods. it will have the same sustain and sound of the gibson les paul, because of mahogany body and its pickups are the same as the ones on gibsons, and are made in the us. the only difference is that it's cheaper and doesn't have the same finish.
Quote by k*CMYK
Epis STDs are 400$.

And didn't you read? He wants Epi.

Aren't those the low-end Epis? I remember my friend buying a STD for $800.

And if you really want an Epi, maybe you should go for the custom? It's $600, a little more than the standard (supposedly).
Member #5 of Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club.
Contact iamtehwalrus768 to join.
Jap copies are probably a better bet than Epis.
But if you still want Epi, I'd go Custom std.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Skar
Aren't those the low-end Epis? I remember my friend buying a STD for $800.

And if you really want an Epi, maybe you should go for the custom? It's $600, a little more than the standard (supposedly).

Regular STDs run around 400$-300$. Customs are over 400$. Well, this is were I live (Portugal)...

Maybe your friend bought an Elitist Epiphone.

Epiphone Elitist's Headstock:

Epiphone's Headstock:
Quote by Skar
I remember my friend buying a STD for $800.

i lol'd when i saw that
i still dont understand why you will only look at epiphones though............
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
Aren't those the low-end Epis? I remember my friend buying a STD for $800. - Skar

BUYING STD'S?!!? back in my day we went out and got them the proper way! without condoms!

wait.. thats not something to brag about is it? XD
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.