Page 1 of 2
Bat Country, I tried to learn it after the first time I heard it, it took me way to long to learn the entire thing.
Master Of Puppets

Still haven't learned all of it, and I started trying to learn it in August. :/

Then again, I only look at bits of it for like 5 minutes, than move on to something else.
Smells like teen spirit, the bridge is the hardest part
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Quote by stratkat
Bat Country, I tried to learn it after the first time I heard it, it took me way to long to learn the entire thing.

bat country...meh i learned like 1/4 of the solo in an hour perfectly, but they suck at solos so i didnt wanna learn the rest. I should though. Who knows that darkest nights song from as i lay dying? I got down the beginning riff and the chorus, but the beginning riff is so fast i have to work on it. Thats the song i was having a hard time playing along to on powertab
man, let's see...i'm pretty sure it was 'I Feel Fine' by the Beatles.
Cream Schecter Ultra III
Black Epi Les Paul Studio
Hohner Red SG (yeah weird)
Breedlove Dreadnought acoustic
An old fender (unknown model)
A frankenstein strat (unknown model)
15w Vox Pathfinder
120w Crate Flexwave
Quote by jessejames1414
Smells like teen spirit, the bridge is the hardest part

For real? Smells like teen spirit is SO easy, unless of course you suck at playing power chords. I found RHCP - Under The Bridge was pretty tricky to learn.
Classical Gas
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
Metallica - The Thing That Should Not Be.

I learned everything but the solos...it took me forever to adapt to Hetfield's style.
Get off my lawn.
Stairway to Heaven, mostly because of the solo.
I don't like my sig.
Steve Vai - Tender Surrender

I tried figuring it all out by ear... took me ages. Got it though
War Pigs. Those solos were beastly. Took me 3 months to memorize it all perfectly to play along to the recording in perfect unison

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
One of the first songs I ever learned was Master Of Puppets by Metallica. I worked on that song for months before I could play it up to speed. I didn't bother to learn the solos until a couple years ago. Now I cringe every time I hear that song.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

Fade to Black.

Finally have it nailed.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Black Dog - Led Zeppelin

Although my guitar playing significantly improved after learning that, cause I picked up so much.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Metallica-Seek and Destroy, I'm not a metallica fan, and I really don't listen to Metal, but it's entertaining me for the time being, if anyone has tips on getting the solo perfect P.M. me
Quote by ibaRGnez321
Fade to Black.

Finally have it nailed.

+1. That last solo is a pain in the arse for a n00b
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Paginini's Caprice #5 in A

I'm about 3 and 1/2 pages into it and I can play that perfect. I still have about 2 pages to go.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
cream-sunshine of your love...i learned the verse and the chorus in about 15 minutes, but it took like 2 weeks to get that solo. i haven't perfected it but i'm still working on it
Not the most original here, but Master of Puppets. I learned to play the opening riff, came back a month later, learned the rest of the riffs. THEN, I came back a couple months later and learned the interlude and first solo. Finally, as of about a month ago, I learned the 2nd solo. Can't play it worth shit in a bucket, but maybe in a couple of months I'll try it again.

Now it's gonna be Cemetary Gates, seeing as I'm finally starting to do harmonics.
Last edited by RawrDemon at Mar 24, 2007,
The solo to John Frusciante's "The Past Recedes"...

my fingers weren't fast enough yet...
Quote by thesublime
duarte, you're a jerk.

Quote by Ollie Led Zep
Hmm...a fugly, bimbo, blonde, rich, boring, mooching, waste of blood and organs, d*ck munching, talentless, sponging c*nt in prison?

One down...
Seek and Destroy

wait i'm still learning it

just the last solo though
Quote by Dimebag22
4. the penis thread kid?

Quote by carol.
as of today 7.
you will forever be known to me as the "WHY DO My THREADS KEEP DYING!??! " kid.

Master Of Puppets,the ultimate first harder song.
Zebra! llll llll llll llll llll

Save the Zebra's
Achillies Last Stand by Led Zeppelin. It took me forever to get it down, then it took a long while to play along to it. But now I got it
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall MG100HDFX/MG412

Col. Catman of the KISS ARMY UG REGIMENT:
PM Sloopy to join up!
The intro to Stay Together For The Kids by Blink 182, it took me a very long time to learn when I started playing guitar.
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Custom(Alpine White)
-Alvarez RD20S(Natural)
-Ibanez AE20E (Blue)
-Peavey Valveking half stack
-Crate Blue Voodoo 6212
-Boss ME-50
-BC Rich Warlock Exotic w EMG 81

Ashton's Magnum Myspace
Either a fingerstyle arrangement of Silent Night or a fingerstyle arrangement of the Banana Boat Song.

Since then I've forgotten Silent Night :-/
Foul Body Autopsy. Actually took me several hours at a time(like 4) for like 2 weeks during winter break to get down.
Page 1 of 2