C4C
This is... something, for lack of a better word. Not quite good, not quite decent, but something. Different for me. Just whatever.

Shallow

Paint
is for artists,
so I'll have to settle
for bathing in water.

Words
are for poets
so I'll have to burn,
every vain attempt at wit.

Life
is for those who suffer,
so I'll just have to sleep
until my lungs burst.

[These are the laws.
To obey would be
social suicide.]

I never said I was perfect.
Quote by Cal UK
Alk hit the nail on the head there.
I'm enjoying reading this even though its confusing me. I like the words part the best probably because its more straight forward but clever at the same time. I also like the whole "so i'll have to settle for bathing in water" line. i just wonder what this means to you...because if the person who wrote it isn't quite sure of what he meant then how could anyone else possibly be? and its sort of odd to say you'll sleep until your lungs burst. i mean if you're asleep your breathing pattern should be pretty normal.

i'm just commenting on many little details because i have a simple life and nothing else to do. i actually really liked this even though its still a little err fuzzy in my mind.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527098
Quote by anOnyMouSanIe
I also like the whole "so i'll have to settle for bathing in water" line. i just wonder what this means to you...because if the person who wrote it isn't quite sure of what he meant then how could anyone else possibly be?

I'm sort of saying that I'm just like everyone else.

and its sort of odd to say you'll sleep until your lungs burst. i mean if you're asleep your breathing pattern should be pretty normal.

Ha. I'm saying that I'll sleep until I die, but not saying that. Mechanical inhaling without any exhaling.

i'm just commenting on many little details because i have a simple life and nothing else to do.

That's why I posted this, I have a simple life and nothing else to do... and thanks for the crit.

Quote by Cal UK
Alk hit the nail on the head there.