Poll: Gibson SG Special Faded or Gibson Les Paul Studio?
Poll Options
View poll results: Gibson SG Special Faded or Gibson Les Paul Studio?
Gibson SG Special Faded
4 19%
Gibson Les Paul Studio
17 81%
Voters: 21.
What music do you play, what amp do you have, and how much are you willing to spend?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I have a Marshall 45 watt amp, I play punk and punk/pop. I want to keep the price as low as possible. I don't want to spend over $900.
Quote by trueyoungpunk
Please post reasons for your choice.

cos frank uses a studio. (you are a MCR fan right?)

i think studios are a lot higher quality then faded's. i just dont like fadeds. they fell cheap.
New amp.
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Get an SG special (not faded). SGs are so much better, but the faded sucks balls.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by JC13
Whats the point of getting a cheap gibson? It means your ONLY getting it because it says "Gibson" on the headstock, and might not sound as good as other choices you could have got. And I think the idiot from MCR uses an epiphone anyways.

wrongo. check the house of blues show on halloween. frank debuted his gibson arctic white studio (Pansy II?) and ray debuted his les paul std on the AOL sessions concert. they both use elitist backups though.
Is your amp a JTM45?

The base price for a Carvin SC90S is only $760... It would be so many times better than either of those Gibsons that there isn't a number to describe it .
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Feb 17, 2007,
Quote by FacingUsAll
Is your amp a JTM45?

The base price for a Carvin SC90S is only $750... It would be so many times better than either of those Gibsons that there isn't a number to describe it .

oh oh! i know of one.

x2.
Never been fond of the look of the SG's really. So I'd go with the studio.
the only thing SG's really have going for them is a little more fret access. and tbh, I never really find myself wanting. LP's just sound beefier, sustain longer, and look better, but some find the SG's more comfortable, as they are lighter as well, and are capable of some good tones, and different too (since they don't have a maple top).
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Quote by Arlabester
oh oh! i know of one.

x2.

But it adds many more than double the betterness points than the other two.

Quote by utsapp89