I am a bass player (GASP!) for a metal/thrash band and I just want to know from you how much watts they need to be heard clearly. One of my guitarists has a 65w combo amp and the other has a 125w combo amp.

I was thinking of getting a 180w combo amp so I can be heard and still deliver alot of bass because the amp I have now is so not cutting it. So what do you think?
Rhythm Harmony Melody
you usually need 3-4x the wattage of the guitar amps. No less than 2x. I use a 300w bass amp with 50w to 120w halfstacks, and it seems to work alright for me. For you I'd reccomend 200w-ish. What brands are you looking at?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
although the watts are important

the speaker size are also important

it would b nice to know so the suggestion can b more accurate

but most likely what ur doing will be sufficient
Right, forgot to mention that part. Stay away from 1x15 if possible. 2x10 or 4x10 will be your best bet for volume, at least in my experience.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
what amps are u looking at? what's ur budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i would look around muscians friend...but like others siad...use no less that 2 times the wattage and maybe go for a 4x12 or 4x10 cab.....im not a bass player but i know bass players lol
UG's HIPPIE